Scubaboard get together in Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaangel

Reaction score
Any SB members going to be in Roatan the week of July 17-24th?

I will be at FIBR just contact me, PM or here and maybe we can plan a get together, dive or just some SI time.

mjh:
We will be at COCO View then! We are trying not to think about it or the time drags by.... Maybe a group shore dive?

Just 1 mile east of (both resorts) is the new restaurant "The View". Quite good and inexpensive. Go for the sunset and select from an interesting fusion menu.

A whole lot easier than "meeting on a shore dive" that would start from two different resorts!

I think the get together at the View sounds like a good idea, Roatanman is right group dive may be harder to put together. But, if we meet and then want to put one together for a night before going home that might work.

My girfriend and I are desperately trying to figure out how to get down there during that time frame! We will be in Belize the first half of the month and I would really like to go to Roatan but TACA air is quite expensive for that time($323) from Belize city. You have to do an overnighter in San Pedro Sula going both ways and arrive the folling day. Is there a better way to get over there? I have looked at Islena airlines and thought about trying to get there from Punta Gorda, Belize. Any help would be appreciated.

I was in Belize this past Feb and we were able to fly to Roatan in one day. I think Taca flies through El Salvador so you have a layover. I can't remember the name of the airline (I'll probably remember tomorrow - I there were only like three local airlines, I think it was something like Island Air). But they had three flights per week from Belize City to La Cieba (from there you can take the ferry or continue by plane to Roatan) just ask at the airport. Flights left Wed, Friday, (I forget the third day).

Dinner sounds like a good idea. Will probably be ready for a change in dinning after a couple of days.

RoatanMan typically the day you go from Roatan to Utila are your diving that afternoon?

mjh:
Dinner sounds like a good idea. Will probably be ready for a change in dinning after a couple of days.

RoatanMan typically the day you go from Roatan to Utila are your diving that afternoon?

I always go by boat. I dive on the way... that's where the Whale Sharks are.

If you're talking abou the fly/dive issue, that's been disected here previously, most agreeing that it is of little relevance due to the lack of altitude. I err on the side of caution.

Not worried about the altitude thing. We were just wondering when you ddo the 2 resort package what was more common flying or taking the boat? Diving on the way sounds great, how long of a boat ride is it?

mjh, are you flying to CCV on Saturday the 17th from Houston?? I know that we are, but I am not sure yet on all the times. I honestly don't know for sure but feel it must be on TACA. We may possibly be on the same flight if you are leaving from Houston then.

I will let you know as soon as I can get more from the dive shop. They are kind of slack at getting that to us. I will be with them this weekend though all weekend so I will bug them for info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom