About those Nikon D70's and Nikon Digicam fans...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just read this in the Digital Photo newsletter....

Editor's Notes
--------------
Acoording to Reuters, *Nikon* will increase production of its D70 dSLR nearly 30 percent, from 70,000 to 90,000 units monthly. Nikon Corp. managing director Makoto Kimura told Reuters he expects to produce up to 100,000 units monthly by next year, depending on what products Olympus, Konica and Pentax unveil. Nikon expects its dSLR sales in the year to March 2005 to reach one million units, more than triple its figures for March 2003-2004. In the same period, it expects total digicam sales to climb 44 percent to 7.8 million units.

Nikon's compact film camera sales have dropped from a peak of 1.9 million units annually in 1994 to a projected 50,000 units worldwide in the current business year. Kimura-san said Nikon doesn't plan to stop producing film SLRs, but may drop its compact film camera line next year, claiming there "really is no region in the world where you can do good business in compact film cameras anymore."

Yikes! There goes the support for the Coolpix! :11: looks like i have to move to a DSLR Housing sooner than I thought... Well, lets see who else comes out with housing for the D70. Would like at least a year for divers to try before I pick one.

Where did it say coolpix support will be gone?
It said compact "film" cameras I believe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom