Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Palau

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • other?

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm trying to decide on my next big dive trip. Thanks for your input.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

I've been to Palau, its a great spot. However, I myself am planning on going to PNG before going back to Palau. You haven't said where you've already been, or what you're looking to see. Palau is pretty well rounded, you can see tons of fish, good walls with coral, and wrecks. I haven't been everywhere, so I can't tell you if its "tops" in any one area, but it is great all around diving. If there's something specific you want to see, though, there may be a better spot to go to. My desire to go to PNG is so that I can see areas I haven't been to, not because I necessarily think PNG will be "better" than Palau. I would submit that "better" is a very bad term in the diving world, because to compare my last trip (Bunaken and Lembeh) to Palau is completely unrealistic. They're different kinds of diving environments.

Because of the duration of the trip just to get there and back, whether you're going to Palau, PNG, or other, I'd suggest splitting and doubling things up. Palau with Truk Lagoon was fantastic, and represented to very different kinds of diving on the same trip (wreck vs. drift and fish). Bunaken with Lembeh was great, and again, represented to completely different facets of diving (wall vs. muck). For PNG, my plan is to do PNG along with GBR/Coral Sea. Granted, all of the above plans require you to have some significant vacation time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom