Looking for a dive operator in St. Thomas.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy Roxson

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I are traveling to St. Thomas the first week in April. We are thinking of using Blue Island Divers. Does anyone have any experience with this dive operator? Thanks for any input.

Hi Randy,

I just came back from a cruise and we stopped at St Thomas where I did checkout dives 3 & 4 with Chris Sawyer Diving. Everything about this dive center was great. The employees were very friendly and professional.

Greetings from St Thomas,

Blue Island Divers is a fairly new shop and is very enthusiastic. H (owner) has found several new wrecks and definitly caters to each divers skill level whenever possible. They are located at Crown Bay Marina, near the airport and close to town.

Chris Sawyer Dive Center is located at the east end of the island in Red Hook. One of the most professional operations in STT. Russell is a great captain and always picks the best spots for the group.

You certainly picked two of the best. I've had good experiences with both on a professional level and would recommend both.

Have fun in STT. I'ld say give us a shout, but we will be on charter that week. If you see a light blue trimaran named Opus give us a wave.

Greetings from St Thomas,

Blue Island Divers is a fairly new shop and is very enthusiastic. H (owner) has found several new wrecks and definitly caters to each divers skill level whenever possible. They are located at Crown Bay Marina, near the airport and close to town.

Chris Sawyer Dive Center is located at the east end of the island in Red Hook. One of the most professional operations in STT. Russell is a great captain and always picks the best spots for the group.

You certainly picked two of the best. I've had good experiences with both on a professional level and would recommend both.

Have fun in STT. I'ld say give us a shout, but we will be on charter that week. If you see a light blue trimaran named Opus give us a wave.

Hi Randy,

See any consensus building for my initial recommendation?

As for Blue Island Divers, I've gotten some very laudatory recent reports.

Your trip will be here before you know it.

Do enjoy.

DocVikingo

I love on St John and Dive from Aqua Action at Secret Harbor in St Thomas. I like it. Also, if anyone is over here in the next couple months I finally got all my own gear and am looking for a dive buddy whenever i can get one so I can do some dives from shore and save some money. I'm working on my Divemaster now but need to get some dives in. We are looking at moving back to New England this spring but hope to return in the winter as I've been offered the chance to work with the dive shop in STT.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom