Lake Mead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PlayMore

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
New to SB and just getting back in the water. Anyone with experience in Lake Mead (Las Vegas)--Lake is at an all time low and sites are now within depth reach that haven't been so in decades!

My wife did her o/w cert in lake mead this weekend. What type of info are you looking for? We did her dives at the scuba park. It was nice, before everyone showed up and stirred up the bottom. But then again I hadnt been in open water in about 15 years, so anything would have been nice.

Anyone know typical water temps & vis in September? I'll be out there then & wondering if I should haul the equipment, seeing that my wife is a self-proclaimed weenie when it comes to cool water.

Jim

Just moved Phoenix and wondering how far it is to Lake Mead Dive Park and what are the depths there at the park? I would'nt mind going.

There are a couple of boats in about 30 feet of water in the scuba park. The lake is down about 70' right now. Dont quote me on this but I think my wifes instructor said there were places in the lake that were 500' deep. I dont know if that is with the lake levels normal or at their present levels. The wifey says a couple of hours from Pheonix.

A good way to get introduced to lake Mead diving is to take part in the eco-dives. Call a local dive shop for info.
Call me if you need a buddy. (702) 525-0300
Thanks
Rich

Back
Top Bottom