Kona B&B for Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MVillanueva

Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations for a B&B in and around Kona that has experience with divers -- or is just really a great and affordable place to stay! Now that we are diving in Hawaii, staying at a big resort seems not conducive to what has now become a diving vacation.

Thanks

Michael

Mara's Dive is a B&B in the Honaunau area which caters to divers. Silver Oaks Ranch is a B&B up above Kailua which is owned by a diver/photographer. I've got a small vacation rental down above Kealakekua Bay. There are lots of other vacation rentals out there, check with VRBO.com or a1vacations.com for a look at a lot of different spots around the Kona area.

Most of the vacation rentals and B&Bs here are "diver friendly" but some may be able to provide you more practical info on spots and such if you need that type of info.

Steve

MVillanueva:
I am looking for recommendations for a B&B in and around Kona that has experience with divers -- or is just really a great and affordable place to stay! Now that we are diving in Hawaii, staying at a big resort seems not conducive to what has now become a diving vacation.

Thanks

Michael

Mara unfortunately has stopped doing the B&B. She told me while Donna and I were there that June was the last month she was going to offer B&B. She is selling the place and moving a little further South. She will still have the Dive Instruction and Dive Tours of Pu'uhonau o Honauau (Place of Refuge).

Look for Mara's Dive on the web, maybe she will keep the B&B open for a bit longer. Who knows?

DennisW:

I read your report in another thread about Mara's, wanted to stay there, and when I found the site on the web, well, you are right, the site talks about shutting down and moving on. Nice picture of the two...

That is what prompted me to try this thread in hopes of finding such a friendly place as you described in your report.

http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/ppf/Link/http://www.marasdive.com/frame.aspx

Sorry about the link format. I am not yet savvy enough to do the tres cool *here* link-thing.

Michael

DennisW:
Mara unfortunately has stopped doing the B&B. She told me while Donna and I were there that June was the last month she was going to offer B&B. She is selling the place and moving a little further South. She will still have the Dive Instruction and Dive Tours of Pu'uhonau o Honauau (Place of Refuge).

Look for Mara's Dive on the web, maybe she will keep the B&B open for a bit longer. Who knows?

Back
Top Bottom