Where's a good class program?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm wondering where some good local dive classes are in Pierce County, Wa. I know there were some classes down in the town of Steilacoom, WA, but I don't know where they are, or who runs them. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Welcome to the board!
Can't help you with information but somehere will.

Joe

I took my OW class through Lighthouse Diving in Tacoma. I am taking my Advanced with an instructor out of Scubaset out of Federal Way. I can fully recommend my current instructor, and I can PM you with his contact info or you can call Scubaset.

I recommend talking to several shops before choosing a class.

Brian

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

And check out our PNW forum...

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

And don't forget to wash your hands after handling meat, poultry or fish.

rsqrngr2491:
I'm wondering where some good local dive classes are in Pierce County, Wa. I know there were some classes down in the town of Steilacoom, WA, but I don't know where they are, or who runs them. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Well rsrngr, there are a lot of shops around the area. Underwater Sports has shops in Tacoma, Federal Way and Olympia. If you are in the military there is a shop on Ft. Lewis. As some one else has suggested there is SCUBASET in Federal Way. All have very good classes and instructors.

The one nice thing about SCUBASET is that they have a pool on the premises, that was built around teaching SCUBA classes. They are also are very close to a fairly good dive spot at Redondo beach, where a lot of their open water classes are taught. They also have a good staff of instructors as well as a very good equipment (regulator) technician.
:wink:

rsqrngr2491:
I'm wondering where some good local dive classes are in Pierce County, Wa. I know there were some classes down in the town of Steilacoom, WA, but I don't know where they are, or who runs them. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

What kind of dive classes are you looking for (e.g. recreational, technical, professional)? Knowing that would help steer you toward a properly qualified instructor.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom