Help me with my Nikon 995 Digital

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just recently got back from our dive trip to Roatan, and was eager to look at all the pictures we took while we were there, but I cannot seem to open the files now that I have downloaded them to my home computer. I asked someone who has a PC instead of a MAC to try it. and they were unable to open them either. WE even burned the whole bunch of them onto a CD, but we still cannot open them to view them. We can view just a particular few through out the bunch, but most are un-openable. I cannot put them on my desktop background picture. I can view them while they are in the folder as thumbnails, but I can't seem to do anything else with them.
They all appear to be JPG's so I should be able to view them. I have benn able to view all of them in the past, so why not now? Is there some sort of setting on my camera that I have inadvertatly changed, so that the pixs are unreadable?. O rmaybe it has to do with the quality I set the pixs to, as I noticed I was getting low on disc space, I took it down to "normal"setting, and maybe that had some effect on it.
Hope someone out there can help me, because I'd hate to lose all those photos.
Thanks

man, bummer, sorry....

the problem might be on the download from camera (or storage device) to computer.

can you check the settings and try the download again?

sorry...I'm not computer savvy enough to help you much.

What program are you trying to open the .jpg files with?

Back
Top Bottom