What Paint?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Morg_NZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey there, :eyebrow:

weird one here and it's a serious question...............I've got to paint the bottom of my black force fins for safety reasons.
What paint will stick to the rubber and has anyone had any experiance with "high-lighting" there dive gear?

If your wondering why??? I'm due to do a stress & Rescue course and my buddy keeps moaning that ge can't see me in low light due to the black fins.

Morg_NZ:
Hey there, :eyebrow:

weird one here and it's a serious question...............I've got to paint the bottom of my black force fins for safety reasons.
What paint will stick to the rubber and has anyone had any experiance with "high-lighting" there dive gear?

If your wondering why??? I'm due to do a stress & Rescue course and my buddy keeps moaning that ge can't see me in low light due to the black fins.

If your buddy was beside you, where he belonged, then...

Well, if this is just for a class, I'd try some reflective tape. It might stick long enough. Or white oil based paint if you want. Having been through a number of rescue classes, I can't quite get the problem, but whatever.

Good luck with the class.

MD

I use aluminium coloured wheel paint applied with a fine brush - it reflects really well under water in minimum light & sticks as well as any other paint. Normally I touch up all my gear markings every 30 dives.

MechDiver:
If your buddy was beside you, where he belonged, then...

Well, if this is just for a class, I'd try some reflective tape. It might stick long enough. Or white oil based paint if you want. Having been through a number of rescue classes, I can't quite get the problem, but whatever.

Good luck with the class.

MD
Problem is..when he has to "Find" me my fins make it harder to see me from just a few feet away. The problem in the UK{where I live now} most of our recent dives and training are done in fresh water with loads of silt........I'm trying to raise my "presents" by high-lighting my fin soles.

Borrow another set of fins for the course. I do have a fluorescent yellow set of Force Pros for teaching so my students can see them when we swim about in low vis.

I have fins that are getting more common all the time. I hate being on a liveaboard and trying to find MY fins. I always take yellow electrical tape with me. I will tape up my fins and you can see them much better underwater. It will not last forever, but I had a tape job last through my last 3 week trip in PNG doing up to 5 dives a day.
You can find the tape in most hardware stores.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom