Best place to dive in the Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since we no longer live on a sailboat & can cruise the Bahamas (ahhh... Exumas!) I guess I'll have to vote for Bonaire too. :wink:

We're on our way back for our 3rd time in May.

~SubMariner~

#1 choice is Roatan followed by Cozumel.

...if it is incredible diving you seek, Bonaire is the answer. High vis & water temp year round as well as amazing abundant marine life! No wonder it's called the Diver's Paradise. I've been there seven times and will continue to spend the majority of my dive vacations on this amazing island.

It seems that wherever we are diving, we always wish we were back in Bonaire. This April will be our 8th. trip there. Bonaire is especially the best place for the macro photographer. Now that Jamaica Air and American fly directly to the island, it is easy to get there, also. The diving is easy, the food is great, the people are friendly. We love shore diving where you don't have a divemaster telling you when to be out of the water. I can sleep until noon if I want, and we can still get in 4 dives.
:wink: Roatan and Utila are good, the Cayman Islands are always fun, Cozumel is good for big fish, but Bonaire keeps calling to us. Have fun wherever you dive, Ksnooks

Depends on what you're looking for.
walls? little cayman
easy shore dives? bonaire & roatan
drifts? cozumel

Cienfuegos Cuba
Only 3 hours away
Reef , wreck and deep wall all on the same dive.
40 ft dive boat and only a couple of divers most days.
Low cost , 10 dives less than $200.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom