Tuna Cowboys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rblackburn

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
National Geographic Channel is showing the "Dangerous Jobs" show about the Tuna Cowboys... Interesting stuff.

It started at 11PM EDT.

rblackburn:
National Geographic Channel is showing the "Dangerous Jobs" show about the Tuna Cowboys... Interesting stuff.

It started at 11PM EDT.

Was that the show where these Australians where herding blue fin tuna all the way back back to Australia from somewhere near Africa? If that's the one, yeah, sharks trying to get into the nets to get to the tunas and the guys would cut the nets to let the sharks out and sew the nets back. Interesting and very dangerous.

Dive Safe,
Dan

DanBo:
Was that the show where these Australians where herding blue fin tuna all the way back back to Australia from somewhere near Africa? If that's the one, yeah, sharks trying to get into the nets to get to the tunas and the guys would cut the nets to let the sharks out and sew the nets back. Interesting and very dangerous.

Dive Safe,
Dan

Yep, that's the one... Those guys are nuts! They were riding around on 10' blue sharks, wrestling with Makos & one other type I forget... 2 straight months of that... but I guess you don't have to work the rest of the year when your catch is worth 11 million dollars.

rblackburn:
Yep, that's the one... Those guys are nuts! They were riding around on 10' blue sharks, wrestling with Makos & one other type I forget... 2 straight months of that... but I guess you don't have to work the rest of the year when your catch is worth 11 million dollars.

I think they were also untangling live Bronze Whalers; big ones. Crazy!

Kestrell:
I think they were also untangling live Bronze Whalers; big ones. Crazy!

Yep that was the other shark... HUGE teeth...

I loved that show!!! Very, very cool and interesting. Dont think I'd persue it as a career though. Anyone see Tigers in the Wild? Where they get those two captive bred Tigers and release them in a sanctuary in Africa, totally out of their element and they were just amazing and striving. My all time favorite Nat Geo show by far.(Sorry to change the subject)

Take A Trip To Polynesia,i Lived In The Kingdom Of Tonga For Seven Straight Years,dove Four Days A Week With An Average Of Four Dives Per Day And Have Seen Very Big Fish (ika Lahi)and Even Bigger Sharks , I,ve Seen More Then Once Big Tigers Above Sixteen Feet In Size,massive Beasts ,bronzies Are Babies Compared To Them,those Tigers Will Remind You Of A Great White.on One Occasion We Took A Trip To Minerva Reef (lies In The Middle Of Nowhere In Between Tonga And Fiji,everything Seems Bigger There,4-5 Foot Parrot Fish Is A Very Common Site Over There.peace

alemaozinho:
Take A Trip To Polynesia,i Lived In The Kingdom Of Tonga For Seven Straight Years,dove Four Days A Week With An Average Of Four Dives Per Day And Have Seen Very Big Fish (ika Lahi)and Even Bigger Sharks , I,ve Seen More Then Once Big Tigers Above Sixteen Feet In Size,massive Beasts ,bronzies Are Babies Compared To Them,those Tigers Will Remind You Of A Great White.on One Occasion We Took A Trip To Minerva Reef (lies In The Middle Of Nowhere In Between Tonga And Fiji,everything Seems Bigger There,4-5 Foot Parrot Fish Is A Very Common Site Over There.peace

Would love to see some photos if you've got any

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom