Diving at Puerto Gallera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ttech40

New
Reaction score
I am planning on diving at Puerto Gallera Philippines 13-16 Aug. Any thoughts on places to stay and dive shops to use. Also, probably will need a dive buddy. Not asking for much eh?

I just came back from PG a couple of days ago and can highly recommend Asia Diver and El Galleon on La Laguna Beach. Personally I don't like Sabang Beach very much as it is too crowded and noisy for me eventhough Atlantis is supposed to be very nice.
Asia Diver is very well run, comfortable boat and excellent dive guide. We had Rica who is one of the best dive guides I ever dove with, excellent eyes for spotting all the macro stuff. Many of my friends are going back to El Galleon/Asia Diver in November unfortunately I won't be able to join them.
Acomodation wise, El Galleon is basic but clean and quite nice. La Laguna Beach is not quite as crowded or noisy. It has the fame Point Bar so it is a short walk back to the room after your night of drinking :)
It is just a short walk over to Sabang Beach if you like to try the restuarants there.
I also posted some photos from PG trip over in underwater photography section a couple of days ago.

Same for me. My last trip there was in 99. Good diving, close to shore, very inexpensive. We enjoyed out time. If you need any more info on getting there just send me a note and I'll try to help.

Enjoy.

i also liked my stay at El Galleon, after all they are a PADI 5 star resort.

just make sure your return trip to the main land isn't tight as you may be detained due to weather conditions. It is still Moonsoon season by August.

there are two pick up points from batangas (main land pier) Leah beach or Batangas Pier.

You may make prior arragements with El Galleon/ Asia Divers for the pick up . I would like to avoid the Batangas pier Ferry. Leah Beach is sort of a taxi service of El Galleon. higher cost that coming from Batangas Pier.

Happy Diving.

paolov:
i also liked my stay at El Galleon, after all they are a PADI 5 star resort.

just make sure your return trip to the main land isn't tight as you may be detained due to weather conditions. It is still Moonsoon season by August.

there are two pick up points from batangas (main land pier) Leah beach or Batangas Pier.

You may make prior arragements with El Galleon/ Asia Divers for the pick up . I would like to avoid the Batangas pier Ferry. Leah Beach is sort of a taxi service of El Galleon. higher cost that coming from Batangas Pier.

Happy Diving.
Amazing diving the Phillipines. I would like to stay at the top dive sites but on 1 star accomadations. Diving is Paramount. Thanks for any help Kevin 415Gem :crafty:

415Gem:
Amazing diving the Phillipines. I would like to stay at the top dive sites but on 1 star accomadations. Diving is Paramount. Thanks for any help Kevin 415Gem :crafty:

well have you considered diving in Batangas? around Anilao. If you are open to the suggestion i may fill you in on the sites and costs. to give you a figure you can go diving with around US$38 for a weekend stay inclusive of meals and tanks.

415Gem:

If you're not finicky, there are tons of cheap budget resorts around Puerto Galera that are not on the internet or guidebooks (the 3 main diving beaches are Sabang, Big and Small Lalaguna), you can just walk around and find one you like. Some 'basic but decent' lodgings (fan cooled rooms) can go as low as Pesos250 (US$4-5 dollars) a night, and some of these are rooms/bungalows by the beach, if you're lucky to find them. You can haggle with the owners for the rate. Good luck.

ttech40:
I am planning on diving at Puerto Gallera Philippines 13-16 Aug. Any thoughts on places to stay and dive shops to use. Also, probably will need a dive buddy. Not asking for much eh?

I used to go there a lot, I did dive with El galleon, but most of the time, I dove with Scubaworld in Sabang. My favorite Dive Guide there is Danny!! Excellent service!

i have dived several times with Atlantis and stayed with them . Always very good . small groups and good service . Another advantage is that they run their own boat from batangas .

Back
Top Bottom