Scout for lobster mini-season starting 7/19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freborg

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings from North Miami where the mayor doesn't know the difference between a houseboat and a boathouse. True story.

Starting july 19, I will be taking my boat on scouting missions to locate lobstahs that will later be captured and have their heads torn from their delectable tails then grilled over charcoal and drizzled with butter and lemon and served with a really cold Corona. (Sorry, got a little excited there) Interested divers should pm me. Room for 1 or two divers besides myself. Divers that go scouting earn the right to go back for the sport season 7/28 and 7/29. Just share gas $$. MUST BE PROPERLY LICENSED TO HARVEST SPINY LOBSTER. http://www.floridaconservation.org/license.html

Peter

We'll start scouting the weekend before around the WPB areas, probably the 25th or so. Even though the bugs do move around quite a bit, the research dives will give us an idea if they are moving shallow or deeper.

Surprisingly the 60 foot reefs are not that populated, but the 40 footers are looking healthy this past 10 days of research. I was happy to see some healthy sizes and not many shorts.

Be up early on the 28th since everyone with anything that floats will be on the water.

Need one experienced lobster hunter for July 28 early a.m. North Miami. Pm me for details.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom