Snorkeling guides in Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pacific Pete

Registered
Reaction score
We used Sam's in Palau for snorkeling tours and they were great (we recommend Melahi [sp?]). We would especially recommend Sam's if you want to avoid being packed in with package tourists who can't swim, which we did notice on other boats.

Hi,

My husband dives and snorkels, btu I've never been, although I can swim just fine. We're going to Palau in March and I'm getting a little worried after reading about the strong currents on the dive threads. Are those currents a problem for snorkelers? SOme of the ads talk about snorkeling along walls with 1000 ft drop off and I'm getting worried about beign swept out to sea. Am I worried for nothing?

Thanks for all the useful info

the strong currents are on such sites as blue corner and peleliu. these are not where they take snorkellers. you will either go to places inside the lagoon with nice corals and no current or else to places like turtle cove or big drop off or virgin hole with mild current that runs parallel to the wall....

don't worry about it, the people are pros and know how to cater to snorkellers... have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom