Underwater Fishing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PapaBob

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I had an unusual experience today. I was hunting with some buddies on a reef north of the Boynton Inlet and came upon some monofiliment tangled in the sponges. I decided to clean up the mess. When I got the sponges untangled I was shocked to get a very strong pull on the line. I "reeled in" a rather large puffer fish. My buddy was brave enough to dislodge the hook and free the poor guy. I guess there is a first time for everything!

---Bob

Congrats on saving that fish. A buddy of mine and I saved one years ago near Commerical Blvd. I felt so bad for it swimming around getting caught on everything with all that line dragging behind it.

Now thats bird of a different color isn't it :) Hoozah for taking a few minutes of your time to take an interest in cleaning up the spot. My experience with that says that it pays off... :D

A few time I have come across fish hooked up. I always have cut the line and freed them. Its good karma.....

Nice job!, There is a lot of line out on the reefs and winding up a ball helps clean it up. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom