Theme for July 19-25: Twinkle, twinkle little star...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
OK, something for everybody... :eyebrow: lets light up the board with our starfish pictures!

20910t004b.jpg

20910t001h.jpg

20910t001f.jpg

Great pics Lisa!!! It took me a while to notice the 2nd starfish in that first piccy.

Starfish aren't soemthing I come across much on my shallow shore dives. Neither of these shots are great, but they're the only ones I have :-

A Bloody Henry
bloodyhenry.jpg

A Cusion Star
cushionstar2.jpg

For not having many, the ones you took look pretty good :D
Here is the star on a star again, a bit clearer....I guess February is the time for brittle star babies...
(A-duh! would be smart to add the picture now wouldn't it?)
20910t004c.jpg

Brittle Stars

add.sized.jpg

Taken with MX-10
aap.jpg

Gilligan, I think the cushion starfish are soooo cool....someday I might even get a pick of the tiny shrimp that hang out on the underside....Right now the jump faster than fleas! Have you had any luck?

Very cool Dee, his middle is so "hairy" looking....the ones over here usually only come out at night....those too?

justleesa:
Gilligan, I think the cushion starfish are soooo cool....someday I might even get a pick of the tiny shrimp that hang out on the underside....Right now the jump faster than fleas! Have you had any luck?

Very cool Dee, his middle is so "hairy" looking....the ones over here usually only come out at night....those too?

Yeah, pretty much. We find them hidden in all kinds pf places, especially down inside sponges, or curled up like that first one during the day. But at night they scurry everywhere. They are very light sensitive so when your light hits them at night you can see them sort of flinch.

Here's a shot showing them crawling out of a sponge just at dusk. Bad strobe aiming!

abk.sized.jpg

WOW! So many of them! Looks like wall paper...lol I reall like that shot and I'm sure you could burn the bottom part of the pic to get it a bit more even....maybe....

Yeah, I probably could. Or even better, fix that blow out at the top. My strobe was a little hot on that one so the bottom is really more what it really looked like. Now you know why I haven't posted it! :D

Back
Top Bottom