Jet Fin Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a pair of halcyon spring straps on my jets. They're not cheap, but they're the best and the buckle is the same as those with which the fins come from the factory. Leisurepro sells the Manta brand springs, but I'm not familiar with them. They seem ok though, although the price difference isn't that noticeable.

Scubaguy62:
I have a pair of halcyon spring straps on my jets. They're not cheap, but they're the best and the buckle is the same as those with which the fins come from the factory. Leisurepro sells the Manta brand springs, but I'm not familiar with them. They seem ok though, although the price difference isn't that noticeable.

OK, got to ask. Buckles on spring straps?? I have got to be reading this wrong.
I have a pair of new Mantas and I do like them. It seems that they have been changing the way they are built lately. I read a few reviews here and what everyone talked about hating is no longer an issue.

crpntr133:
OK, got to ask. Buckles on spring straps?? I have got to be reading this wrong.
I have a pair of new Mantas and I do like them. It seems that they have been changing the way they are built lately. I read a few reviews here and what everyone talked about hating is no longer an issue.

I think he was just refering to the attachment point. There is no "adjustable buckle" or anything.

The one thing that sets the Halcyon Springs apart is the material that is wraped aroung the spring. It makes it easy to grip and it also grips your boot nicely but they are more expensive..$65
Look:
http://www.halcyon.net/acc/springheels.shtml

Do it yourself for about $4.50 each (before shipping).
Order from McMaster Carr.

MAK52580:
Even cheaper... www.spring-straps.com. I have ordered 2 pair from him... $37.00 total I think and they work great.

I also bought mind spring straps from www.springstraps.com
Good service, quick delivery, good quality straps (gee, kinda sounds like eBay feedback :) )

I wish I could find a cheap source for the blocks on the end of those babies. I get a lot of queries for Jet Fin straps - and I dive Jet Fins myself - but I just can't source the connectors in a way that makes sense to buy in bulk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom