One for Dee.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
I know how you like those eyes!!! This was the only shot I managed on an otherwise disasterous dive!

It's a Smooth Hound (eye). Smooth Hounds are a kind of Dogfish/shark type fish that we get here in the UK. They don;t really grow that big though.

smoothhoundeye.jpg

Not too bad, Dee will like it a lot.

What happened to make it dissasterous, now you've peaked my curiosity.

Thanks....I love it!

That is so cool....you can see the little veins in the eyeball!

New wallpaper!!!!!

DennisW:
Not too bad, Dee will like it a lot.

What happened to make it dissasterous, now you've peaked my curiosity.

I was really looking forward to this night dive and had turned up to the dive site with all my kit and waited for my buddy to arrive. Anyway, started to kit up and then found out that my LDS had only bothered to fill one of my tanks (which I'd used on the previous friday). I only had 100 bar in the one they'd forgotten to fill, albeit a 15L tank. The dive site we'd chosen was also a bit of a air hungry dive - a long trek too and from the good part of the site.

As the DM, I decided that we could still dive, and on the basis of previous dives here I calculated we should get about 45 minutes bottom time leaving me 20 bar spare. I suggested that we fin out to the best part of the site on the surface, do the dive and stay close together till I got to 20 Bar, then ascend and head back on the surface - no boats about in this bay at night, so it was going to be safe enough. Which is basically the dive plan we stuck too. Due to the low air supply, I only took 2 pics as I felt keeping a close eye on the contents gauge was going to be a smart move!

When we surfaced we found that we'd actually gone alot further out that than we thought - and had a very tiring 1/2 mile surface swim back to shore - made even worse for me, having to carry the camera and dual strobes!!!

Ouch! That's a long swim.

DennisW:
Ouch! That's a long swim.

Good for the leg muscles though - they're still aching today!! :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom