Recent news on Bali? Conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wadeNC

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone been to Bali Indonesia recently? Any reports on the conditions there? Safe enough? Coral cover in good shape? Macro and Micro life density good?

We are considering a trip and wanted to hear some feedback from anyone who has been recently. Especially concerning the quality of underwater life.

Thanks!
Wade

wadeNC:
Has anyone been to Bali Indonesia recently? Any reports on the conditions there? Safe enough? Coral cover in good shape? Macro and Micro life density good?

We are considering a trip and wanted to hear some feedback from anyone who has been recently. Especially concerning the quality of underwater life.

Thanks!
Wade

Wade,
I spent a month in Bali last November...two groups booked back to back on Pelagian Komodo/Rinca charters. The hotels are beautiful, the people gorgeous and we felt very safe there. We did a land portion with both groups between the two boat charters...everyone loved it and wished we'd had more "land" time to absorb the culture.

The local diving is good; the Komodo/Rinca diving is FABULOUS. It's the most beautiful hard/soft corals I've seen anywhere in the world and the macro critters are to die for!

They are still recovering economically from the bombing in 2002 and the SARS scares early last year, so the prices are still pretty good for lodging if you want to be land-based. Book it and enjoy!

If you want to learn more about our trip, read my trip report at www.divetravelservices.com. There are a few trip pictures there also....

Thanks for the link and info!! Appreciate it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom