Destin Jeddies Dive 7-18-04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Bah, I know I'm late considering when the dive took place :) This is just the first chance I've gotten to do anything with them since then.

Fought a pretty strong current the entire time and it made getting a picture difficult. Vis was ~20' and water was green :)

1. Cowfish?
2. Damsel
3. ??
4. Puffer

ID's look to me like....

1. Scrawled Cowfish
2. Juv. Longfin Damsel
3. Doctorfish
4. Striped Burrfish

Cool photos!

I've been trying to get a close shot of that doctorfish for a while. She's faster than the shutter lag on my camera so far.

The water wasn't that green the day before - did have strong current though.

Thanks for posting - I'm working crazy long shifts the next two weeks so without pictures I'd go into withdrawal :D .

SeaYoda:
I've been trying to get a close shot of that doctorfish for a while. She's faster than the shutter lag on my camera so far.

Your not kidding! It took me quite a few tries to get it into view, much less some-what focused. What you saw was probably the best picture I managed and it isn't all that great. Here are some other 'attempts'. Lots of out of focus pics, lots of fish butt... These pics haven't been doctored up at all though so they look especially green. The water wasn't as bad as the camera makes it look - the camera seems to exagerate the hell out of the green in the water.

Won't be in Destin this weekend(Ft. Pickens Jeddies this time around) but it won't be too too long before I get my fins back over there :)

Have you tried manual white balance? It would work wonders with that greenish water.

after touch of PSE you can see the fish a bit better. I like the background so busy...what is that all over the place?

Looks great justleesa :) the fish is actually 'grey' though :)

The divesite is a section of jeddies off the pass in Destin, FL. Its basically just a bunch of rocks piled off into the water. The rest of the debris you see are different shells and fragments(and complete) sand-dollars the size of baseballs and softballs. :)

Dee - the camera I'm using is my roomate's SeaLife 3.1mp camera. Its basically a Vivitar marketed by SeaLife - I think. It doesn't really have a Manual White Balance as far as I can tell. I believe this is more of an intro camera for fun than anything serious. I do plan on getting my own cam(when I have a spair grand in my pocket :p) and I'll look into one of the board favorites such as the Oly 5050 or 5060 :)

Really? Grey?...usually the color cast filter does the trick...I'll have to play with it some more :D

Yep, the bodies are grey, but they do have blue tinted fins and tails. It'd be nice if they were as brilliant as your PS'd fish though! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom