Inon UWL-100 vs Epoque DCL-20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolverine

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone seen a thread or a website testing both of these add-on lens? I am looking at both and I can't decide whether to get the Inon or the Epoque. The Inon is a little more expensive but has an option of adding a dome to create a semi-fisheye effect (which costs more than the lens). Any advice?

Wolverine:
Hey guys,

Anyone seen a thread or a website testing both of these add-on lens? I am looking at both and I can't decide whether to get the Inon or the Epoque. The Inon is a little more expensive but has an option of adding a dome to create a semi-fisheye effect (which costs more than the lens). Any advice?

I personally would get the Inon. I haven't seen pics with the Epoque and the ones with the Inon I have seen are excellent especially those with the dome added. I use a different Inon to the one you are looking at but it is excellent. From the pics I've seen the Epoque macro lens is nowhere near the standard of the inon so again on this basis I'd get the Inon.

I have the INON and its performance is outstanding. Just in case it's helpful for you to know - I have it teamed with an Olympus 5050 in the Olympus PT-015 case. The combination is easy to use and very effective.

Haven't tried the dome port (the cost is pretty extreme) but considering the view (and depth of field) from the basic lens, I'd see opportunities to really benefit from it being few and far between.

Back
Top Bottom