White Shark Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbloomer

Contributor
Reaction score
In case anyone is interested I posted a couple of pictures of white sharks in the Africa/Middle East forum.

Simon

PhotoTJ:
Shoot, post 'em here!

OK. Here we are! Didn't know what the rules were relating to cross postings and multiple attachments

How fast was your heart beating when taking these photos? Mine would have been audible from a mile away. These creatures really strike a nerve with me, more from awe and respect than fear. Thanks for sharing.

How/where did you take these photos?

marpacifica:
How fast was your heart beating when taking these photos? Mine would have been audible from a mile away. These creatures really strike a nerve with me, more from awe and respect than fear. Thanks for sharing.

How/where did you take these photos?

Well, it wasn't too bad .... After all we are protected by a thin flimsy wire frame :)

The pictures were taken in a channel (unsurprisingly called "Shark Alley" between Dyer Island and Geyser Rock near Gansbaai in South Africa. Incidentally at the same place, an abalone poacher was killed by a white a couple of days before.

Now I knw this is a photography forum and the purists will roll their eyes, but the pictures were taken with an underwater disposable Kodak camera. I hadn't ordered my new S1 and housing at the time.

I'm with marpacifia on this one...it looks pretty close and my heart woulda been beeting like crazy! :D now would that attrackt them?....lol

Doesn't matter what you use, you saved a moment and that's what counts:wink:

Soooo very cool.. What a buzz they must of given u. Glad you had a cage (of any discription) seperating u from them....

I actually like the graininess in some of the shots -- the u/w disposable added a bit of character and I agree with Lisa, doesn't matter what you take the photo with, as long as you capture the moment.

Just desserts for the abalone poacher?

Very cool, and excellent shots. I know how you must have felt (from experience) and these capture that wonderfully.

Awesome - I can just imagine myself there and papping myself :wink: It is something which I have thought about for a while and know that Mad Dogs in NY run expeditions to SA for diving with the Great White. It doesn't matter what you used to capture those moments, we can amlmost feel what you were feeling and that's the beauty of photos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom