Fantasea housing....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbichsel

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Is anyone using a Fantasea housing? If so, which one, which camera, how do you like it, would you buy Fantasea again, are there enough features, which shade of blue is your favorite, do you like Milk Duds...............?

Thanks for any info. I had been looking down the Oly line but then remebered Fantasea.

I can tell you this much about Fantasea USA. If you have a problem with the housing and it leaks, you're screwed. I've been waiting since the beginning of May to get my camera replaced and a new housing. Run, do not walk away from this company.

jbichsel:
Is anyone using a Fantasea housing? If so, which one, which camera, how do you like it, would you buy Fantasea again, are there enough features, which shade of blue is your favorite, do you like Milk Duds...............?

Thanks for any info. I had been looking down the Oly line but then remebered Fantasea.

jbichsel:

I like "water blue"...

I LIKE MILK DUDS!!!

Unfortunately I know nothing about Fantasea housings other than it was very difficult to find info on them last year when I was looking....I LIKE JELLO TO.....YEEEAAAHHH!!!

Jeff

jbichsel:

I was using Nikon and Fantasea Housing until it flooded last July in Maldives.
Having some problems with the flooding insurance. More news to come

Regards from the sunny Spain

I have a Fantasea CP4 Pro w/ a Epoque ES 150 DS Strobe,I ordered it from the site and it took 2 1/2 months to get it.I took it to Cayman and Cozumel and got some good shots---one problem is it fogs---some silica gel solves that---other than that its a good camera and housing for the money.
I agree with brianwl---the company has some problems.I ordered a Wide Angle Lens from the company 7 weeks ago and still haven't gotten it yet
If you decide to get it, look at Helixcamera.com or some other camera sites on the Web

brianwl:
I can tell you this much about Fantasea USA. If you have a problem with the housing and it leaks, you're screwed. I've been waiting since the beginning of May to get my camera replaced and a new housing. Run, do not walk away from this company.

Don`t tell me so!!!!!! My camera flooded last July. I was trying to claim, but Fantasea "lost" my registration. they have registered the housing again and will claim in two weeks time. BTW they have suggested me that they are going to replace the camera with a lesser model. Inaceptable. I will tell you how this nightmare ends.

Regards from Spain

OK.. in Asia, so far no problems with Fantasea. Have been using the housing the last year and an half. No problems so far. Haven't tested a flood situation yet, but I remember there was a recall of the housing late last year. New one came within the week. Not sure if the guy in the US is the same, but the one covering Asia is OK.

Hey guys, follow this thread. Seems to be getting pretty mixed reviews on the service of Fantasea.

http://www.digitaldiver.net/yabbse/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=7241;start=0

So far, I have been getting prompt response from the company so I have not experienced what Brainwl or Lord.Sith have experienced. The comments from the attached thread also reflects my experience.

Anyway, with regards to the Wide Angle Lens, I think the main problem is that it was in the midst of being produced in (guess where?) Hong Kong. I had the guys who manufacture for Fantasea custom make me a adapter for the more standard 67mm lens. You should contact Howard to get express delivery or to check on the time of delivery.

First I want to personally apologize to anyone who waited for a long time to have their flooded camera replaced. Our service throught D.E.P.P., is new and unique and to our knowledge we are the only housing company with enough confidence in our products to offer a flood insurance included in the purchase price of the housing. This policy will replace a destroyed camera with a new one, even if it is human error and not product failure.

Being a relatively new company with many new products coming out at extremely reasonable prices we often find that we cannot meet the demand of our customers and have experienced back order problems in some of our products. We believe we are now getting better in supplying through our website store www.fantasea.com but I apologize if anyone had to wait "months" to have an order filled. In any respect, please feel free to contact me personally if you feel you are not being receiving professional and prompt service from any Fantasea sales office, dealer or personnel. My email is Howard@fantasea.com

Finally, we are now coming out with a full line of our own Accessory products for all of our housings including our newest Coolpix 2200, 3200, 4100, 4200 and 5200 housings.
You can see these Accessory systems at:
CP-3 (Coolpix 2100, 2200, 3100, 3200, 4100) http://www.fantasea.com/email/accessory_system_cp3.htm

CP-4 (Coolpix 4300 and 885)
http://www.fantasea.com/email/accessory_system_cp4.htm

CP-5 (Coolpix 4200 and 5200)
http://www.fantasea.com/email/accessory_system_cp5.htm

Finally, due to the nature of digital camera shelf life and new products coming out all the time and older models being put to pasture sometimes it is simply impossible to get a replacement unit for a "retired" model, in this case we provide a similar model like the new Coolpix 4100 instead of the older discontinued CP 4300 or 885).

Hope you have a good summer with great diving.

Howard

Wolverine:
Hey guys, follow this thread. Seems to be getting pretty mixed reviews on the service of Fantasea.

http://www.digitaldiver.net/yabbse/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=7241;start=0

So far, I have been getting prompt response from the company so I have not experienced what Brainwl or Lord.Sith have experienced. The comments from the attached thread also reflects my experience.

Anyway, with regards to the Wide Angle Lens, I think the main problem is that it was in the midst of being produced in (guess where?) Hong Kong. I had the guys who manufacture for Fantasea custom make me a adapter for the more standard 67mm lens. You should contact Howard to get express delivery or to check on the time of delivery.

Howard,

Thanks for coming forward with this. My problem has been the inconsistant stories I have received on my issue.

First I was told it would take only a couple of weeks to resolve my problem and get me a replacement camera once I submitted my claim.

Then I was told all my paperwork was in order and the claim would be processed quickly and easily.

Next I was told my claim could not be found.

Then I was told it was found and the paperwork looked all in order.

Followed by a "did you send in a claim?"

Next came a statement that Nikon stopped making the 4300, which Nikon denied.

Next I was informed I could have an inferior camera to replace my 4300, which I declined.

Finally I was told my claim was being processed and a new camera was on the way.

Next I was told the insurance company had no record of my claim and that I should be dealing directly with them, not Fantasea USA.

Once that issue was resolved, the people responsible for sending my camera to me stated they had not been instructed to send one by the insurance company.

At last the insurance company released the camera to be shipped, however, the people responsible for sending it, did not know it.

Now I have been informed that after 4 months my camera should be in my hands by the end of this week.

My final issue is the owners manual for the housing really needs a rewrite. It provides little detail on how to use the housing correctly and no detail on what the black and semi-clear tapes are used for and how to use them.

I would suggest if you are going to include insurance with your product which I think is a great idea, details need to be provided with the product on how to use the insurance.

Thanks

Brian
HMan:
First I want to personally apologize to anyone who waited for a long time to have their flooded camera replaced. Our service throught D.E.P.P., is new and unique and to our knowledge we are the only housing company with enough confidence in our products to offer a flood insurance included in the purchase price of the housing. This policy will replace a destroyed camera with a new one, even if it is human error and not product failure.

Being a relatively new company with many new products coming out at extremely reasonable prices we often find that we cannot meet the demand of our customers and have experienced back order problems in some of our products. We believe we are now getting better in supplying through our website store www.fantasea.com but I apologize if anyone had to wait "months" to have an order filled. In any respect, please feel free to contact me personally if you feel you are not being receiving professional and prompt service from any Fantasea sales office, dealer or personnel. My email is Howard@fantasea.com

Finally, we are now coming out with a full line of our own Accessory products for all of our housings including our newest Coolpix 2200, 3200, 4100, 4200 and 5200 housings.
You can see these Accessory systems at:
CP-3 (Coolpix 2100, 2200, 3100, 3200, 4100) http://www.fantasea.com/email/accessory_system_cp3.htm

CP-4 (Coolpix 4300 and 885)
http://www.fantasea.com/email/accessory_system_cp4.htm

CP-5 (Coolpix 4200 and 5200)
http://www.fantasea.com/email/accessory_system_cp5.htm

Finally, due to the nature of digital camera shelf life and new products coming out all the time and older models being put to pasture sometimes it is simply impossible to get a replacement unit for a "retired" model, in this case we provide a similar model like the new Coolpix 4100 instead of the older discontinued CP 4300 or 885).

Hope you have a good summer with great diving.

Howard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom