Theme for July 26-Aug1: How small is small?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Have you ever taken a picture and had to size it up to 150% or more and then crop it to see some of the small stuff?
Well now it's time to show the before and afters. Before

20910original.jpg

and after cropping:

20910Indian_nudi.jpg

Indian Nudibranch - Sea Tiger - 82'

Not only for Nudi's

I wanted to get a detailed shot of this fish that was about the size of a quarter. The original was not bad but was not positioned the way I liked and I wanted to see more detail of the fish and less sand.

That's a cutie! It has little spikes on it....what kind of fish is it?

It's a VERY Juvenile Slender Filefish

I took this picture of a Dorid and then when I looked at It in the computer monitor I saw something attached to It. I still don't now what it Is. Any ideas welcome.

I'd say either a type of shrimp or maybe a crab. Not enough detail to tell which obe, tho.

I wish the critter had more detail but considering the Dorid was about 50mm this critter must be very small.
Dee:
I'd say either a type of shrimp or maybe a crab. Not enough detail to tell which obe, tho.

Yeah...I thought about that! I've seen photos of a similar shaped/colored shrimp in anemones called a Sun anemone Shrimp.

Here's one that Seafan posted on Scubadiving.com. It looks close to yours.

Something from week before last...
Original Photo...
Image by CrateCookie (Copyright) posted at ScubaGallery
Cropped Photo...
Image by CrateCookie (Copyright) posted at ScubaGallery

Dee:
It's a VERY Juvenile Slender Filefish

yup, it's a filefish... i couldn't decide between a fringed filefish and a pygmy filefish myself...
and now you say slender....oh it's hopeless :wink:

here's an arrowcrab and an urchin, first as taken, then as cropped :

Back
Top Bottom