ys-25 Sea and Sea strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phys16

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone used the YS-25 auto Sea and Sea strobe? I'm between that and the ys-90 auto strobe. Does anyone know the benefits of the ys-90 other than being more powerful, and will I get enough light with the ys-25? I'm going to be using it with the Olympus 5060 dig camera. Anyone else have any better strobes for this set up?
Thanks
Dave

I don't think the YS25 is powerful enough. the YS90 would be a better choice. But I'd get the DX instead of the AUTO.

Dee:
I don't think the YS25 is powerful enough. the YS90 would be a better choice. But I'd get the DX instead of the AUTO.
Dee,
Thanks for your info, but whats better about the DX than the auto other than it being TTL?
Dave

The DX is manual and to me more reliable. Don't let the manual aspect scare you. With 12 power settings it's very easy to get the exposure you need/want. You can be more creative with it.

The Auto with TTL doesn't always give you the best exposure. TTL isn't fail-proof, it give you what it think you want.

Dave,

I have a YS25-DX with my Canon S400....and I would have to agree with Dee that you are better off going for a more powerful strobe. Personally I would go for the Inon 180D or the S&S YS90.

I also have the YS25-DX. I like it except that the recommended arm for the strobe is too short.

Do you find that you get enought light out of the ys25, or do you think I should go for the ys90?
Thanks
Dave

seabat:
I also have the YS25-DX. I like it except that the recommended arm for the strobe is too short.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom