how to tell what speed the cf card is?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justinbaker

Registered
Reaction score
hey i have a 128 mb cf card that i bought about 3 yrs ago. I thought it was corrupt but for some reason it seems to be working now. Anyways i was wondering if there is anyway to test how fast the write speed is on it? It does not say any where on it. It is a "Mr Flash" card. I think i payed around 100 a few years back, but i am not sure. any help would be great, thanks

The interface to the CF card is asynchronous. The data transfer speed is limited by the host processor.

?

The CF format, uses the CD ROM industry format of 150 kilobytes (KB) per second rating sytem as 1X. You can get CF cards at 1X, 16X up to 45X. The system processor must be able to handle these speeds. Try this method, taken from some other thread.

The tests were made according to Andrzej Wrotniak's method in the following way:

The camera was set in manual focus mode, with a short shutter time, and the flash disabled.
The memory card to be tested was selected.
The card was formatted in the camera.
The camera was set to save RAW pictures (gives an Olympus Raw Format (.orf) file with a size of 7.292 MB).
Pictures were taken and the write times were measured manually with a stopwatch, starting immediately after the exposure (shutter sound) and ending when the "busy" red light went off.
At least three measurements were made and the average time was calculated.

Back
Top Bottom