Inon D180 users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolverine

Contributor
Reaction score
For all Inon D-180 users,

Do you use your strobe with or without the diffuser? Which do you prefer??

Wolverine:

I have yet to purchase a diffuser for mine so I cannot make the comparison.

I don't have one for the D-180 because I've never used them that much.

Wolverine:

I purchased the diffuser along with my D-180 because I am also using the UWL-100 & dome port combination. Supposedly the diffuser is needed to give full frame coverage when using the dome port.

However, I have not seen much difference when using or not using the diffuser with the dome port.

fins:
I purchased the diffuser along with my D-180 because I am also using the UWL-100 & dome port combination. Supposedly the diffuser is needed to give full frame coverage when using the dome port.

However, I have not seen much difference when using or not using the diffuser with the dome port.

Good info fins. Thanks

fins:

Yep, I heard the same and was wondering if I should get one for the wide angle shots. If you don't see any discernable difference, think I will save the money and stick to the strobe without the diffuser. I was also wondering if the diffuser reduces backscatter.

That's why I quit using the diffuser with the old YS90DX, the only difference I could see was a little softening of the shadows when using a single strobe. It wasn't worth the hassle of keeping up with the diffuser, which had a habit of coming off. Even tethered it was a pain.

Back
Top Bottom