Nikon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use fuji but Nikon lenses

You see a lot of olympus and canon because olympus and canon made housings for most of their consumer/prosumer level cameras. If you have a consumer level nikon, look at fantasea. com. they make housing for a few of the coolpix models.
When it comes to the big boys with the big toys (DSLR), you will no doubt, find nikon everywhere.

Rejetto:
Anyone using a Nikon?
(I've found only Canon and Olympus)

I use a Nikon D100 in an Aquatica housing....15-35 for wide angle, 28-105 for general use and 105 for macro....love the camera and the housing! Previously used MX10, then MM II-EX and then Olympus 3040 so the quality of photos has improved 1000%. Big difference between point & shoot digitals and SLRs, both in cost and photo quality.

Rejetto:
Anyone using a Nikon?
(I've found only Canon and Olympus)

I use the same camera as Curt and Janet (D100) in a different housing (Light and Motion). They take great pictures. I previously used an Olympus camera which takes good pictures, but does cost considerably less than a Nikon (especially with Nikon lenses).

Nikon have just released their own housings finally. Check them out if your interested it will make the nikons a similar purchase to the canons and the olys.

s****enstein:
I have one of those new-fangled Nikonos 3's. It's amazing what they can do nowadays. I can finally get rid of the Calypsophot!

Great Photography

I have 2 featured photography sections in each issue of Advanced Diver Magazine. It does not pay any money, but it does highlight just yourself and your work. Great for a portfolio.

I've been shooting Nikon's for 35 years. Check my Gallery to see what a old-fashioned film cam can do. FWIW however, I am really starting to love my Fuji S2. Uses all my Nikon glass but gives me the instant feedback to corrrect my shots. I just got back from a 1 week backpacking trip and can't believe how much the S2 improved my "keeper" ratio!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom