Descriptions of Propulsion Techniques

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cards90

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone please give me desriptions of the types of kicks that you use and in what situations.

I have been trying different kicks but do not think that I am doing them very well or even close to correct.

In case you want to know I use the CRESSI SpaceFrog One fins.

Thank You for taking the time to help.

Cards90:
Can anyone please give me desriptions of the types of kicks that you use and in what situations.

I have been trying different kicks but do not think that I am doing them very well or even close to correct.

I use, almost exclusively, a frog kick whilst submerged. When on the surface I use a flutter kick.

Do a search on "backfinning" because I seem to recall there is an excellent set of videos online that describe and demonstrate the various fin kicks most advanced divers use.

FreeFloat:
Do a search on "backfinning" because I seem to recall there is an excellent set of videos online that describe and demonstrate the various fin kicks most advanced divers use.
Frogkick & backkick videos here:
http://www.5thd-x.com/index2.html

Tried doing some back finning this weekend. Boy, is THAT a booger to do !!!

Cards90:
Thanks a Bunch, You tha Diver :10: But it is not showing anything on my screen, I guess they moved it.
Click Learning Center/Skills/Back Kick. You also need Quicktime installed on your computer.
Just tried it & still works.

Rick Inman:
Click Learning Center/Skills/Back Kick. You also need Quicktime installed on your computer.
Just tried it & still works.

That is what I was looking for
Thank You

I guess my pc just did not want to bring it up the other day.

I have come to adopt the frog as my kick of choice as well, leaving the flutter for when I need a burst of speed in the open, open ocean. In really tight places I revert to a scull. Only practice and an underwater cam will allow you to perfect your skills. Fins? I almost always use my Jets now, leaving my Twin Jets in drydock.

Some excellent video of different kicks can be found here.

Cards90:

Back
Top Bottom