Anyone tried flexible camerahousing??!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reddishman

Reaction score
i just get to know the product from ewa-marine (www.ewa-marine) which is a plastic bag to cover u camera underwater. it seems quite doggy for me but the saleman of couse say is reliable and economic. Unfortunatly this the the only housing i can find in the market for my minolta diamge Z2
pls tell me ur experience if u come acess any...cheers

I used one for a while with my Panasonic EZ-30. I never had any problems- down to 30 feet, but I was never really comfortable with it and bought a hard housing. My dive buddy used to give me grief, "you're putting that camera in a baggy". I used it for maybe 20 dives and it worked. Watch your depth.

I have one and used it a few times and in my opinion they are useful only for surface or very shallow snorkeling. I never had any problems with water leakage and they seem to be quite sturdy. The problem comes when you go down to any depth at all the air in the housing is compressed and the whole unit shrinks around the camera making it very difficult to manipulate the camera controls. I can't imagine it being useful at the claimed depth of 100ft. It's possible they've made some improvements since I bought mine but looking at their website it seems they would have the same issues.
Chuck

I talked to JT at Equinox last week and he thinks my Z-2 will fit into the new Digital camera housing htye are begining to make. I just sent him pictures last week and hope to hear soon. I will let you know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom