Oahu and Maui Dive Companies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

js21diver

New
Reaction score
Hi, I am coming to Oahu and Maui later this year and have had a couple of dive companies recommended to me by a less well known friend. Aquazone on Oahu and Shaka Divers on Maui and I am trying to find out if anyone here has dived with these companies? Thanks in Advance

I know one of the instructors from Aquazone, he is a great diver. They mostly go out of Hawaii Kai.
Aloha,
Lisa

Maui DIve Shop always did right by me, except trying to get through the store where it is very sloooooow. But it's a good group to dive with.

A previous thread has quite a few comments about Maui operators.

It's hard to find a bad operator in Maui.

Lahaina Divers and Maui Dive shop are the biggest (but not the best) operators.

Extended Horizons, Ed Robinson, and Mike Severns all run well respected 12 passenger dive boats. Extended Horizons runs from Lahaina's Mala Ramp over to Lanai. The other two do Molokini and South Maui from the Kihei boat ramp.

My favorite is a 34' 6pack from Kihei boat ramp, Prodiver Maui.

I can only comment that boat diving is much, much better than shore diving in Maui.

..... comments on Shaka divers removed by moderators .....

I've used Aquazone twice and really like their operation. I even recommended them to my mother who is also a diver. I especially enjoyed the dive on the Corsair. Say hello to the Scott and Eric from Randy and Audrey.

You should really check out the shore dives on Maui. There's so much to see and you won't spend nearly the amount of money that boat diving will cost. Shore diving can score you longer bottom times too. Shaka Divers mainly focuses on shore dives and has a good reputation on Maui.

Charlie99:
I can only comment that boat diving is much, much better than shore diving in Maui.
Shore diving is not something that every diver likes to do but I hear Maui shore diving is excellent. One of our own members even reccomends this book on Maui shore diving.

Shore diving on Maui is awesome and the 'Diver's Guide to Maui' is a must have.

We try to do 10-12 shore dives each time we visit Maui (once a year). Since we do our shore dives ourselves (no guides) when we're there I can't comment on any of the shore dive guides.

When we do our boat dives we use Ed Robinson, very professional and very liberal with profiles and bottom times. They are the only op we use when we're there.

Hope that helps.

I have dove with many Maui operations over the years and B&B Scuiba has been our favorite. I think you'd love them.

Back
Top Bottom