sea and sea ys-90dx strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phys16

Registered
Reaction score
After my last post I've decided to go with the sea and sea ys-90dx strobe, as was recommended by people here and both at the camera store. One more question if I can get any help. I dont know whether I should go with the sea and sea DX-stay, or the multi stay set. Does anyone know a place out there that sells a hand grip that can be used with the multi stay set that will fit the sea and sea multi stay set? Is it even worth it getting the multi stay set, or is the DX-stay set good enough?
Thanks
Dave

Sea and Sea DX Stay (part no. 21130) and Multi Stay Set (part no. 21100).

Depends on what arms you are using. If you are using a ball-clamp type then Ultralight (ULCS) makes a handle that'll fit. Be aware that the ends of the tray are angled so the handle will point outwards. I had the multi stay tray with 2 ULCS handles. It was OK with one handle, but when I added the second strobe and handle it became a bit awkward. I now use a Fisheye tray. You can also look at the new digital tray by ULCS.

Thanks for the help. The ULCS handle you are referring to, will that fit on the sea and sea multi stay tray? And do you think its worth it, or should I just leave that part of the stay open without an arm or grip since I'm not putting on two strobes. Or should I just scrap it and go with the DX stay which is not a multi stay set?
Thanks again,
Dave

ReyeR:
Sea and Sea DX Stay (part no. 21130) and Multi Stay Set (part no. 21100).

Depends on what arms you are using. If you are using a ball-clamp type then Ultralight (ULCS) makes a handle that'll fit. Be aware that the ends of the tray are angled so the handle will point outwards. I had the multi stay tray with 2 ULCS handles. It was OK with one handle, but when I added the second strobe and handle it became a bit awkward. I now use a Fisheye tray. You can also look at the new digital tray by ULCS.

phys16:
Thanks for the help. The ULCS handle you are referring to, will that fit on the sea and sea multi stay tray? And do you think its worth it, or should I just leave that part of the stay open without an arm or grip since I'm not putting on two strobes. Or should I just scrap it and go with the DX stay which is not a multi stay set?
Thanks again,
Dave

No idea re: attaching it, but if you're interested, check the classifieds, brand new YS 90 for sale

Chris

phys16:
After my last post I've decided to go with the sea and sea ys-90dx strobe, as was recommended by people here and both at the camera store. One more question if I can get any help. I dont know whether I should go with the sea and sea DX-stay, or the multi stay set. Does anyone know a place out there that sells a hand grip that can be used with the multi stay set that will fit the sea and sea multi stay set? Is it even worth it getting the multi stay set, or is the DX-stay set good enough?
Thanks
Dave

Maybe too late but strongly suggest you consider the Inon strobes. The offer a MUCH better angle of coverage and more features for your money. Just a suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom