Diving around Quebec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouchyturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
I may be in Quebec City the weekend of the 29th, possibly the 27th-30th. My sister and brother-in-law are running in the marathon.

Is there any place to dive near by, like on the river?

If so, would these spots require a boat trip or are they shore dives?
Do you think any of these locations would possibly be inaccessible due to increased security because of the marathon?
And finally, what type of exposure should I bring (I have a 2mm shorty, 7mm, and dry suit, also reef gloves, 4mm, 5mm, or dry gloves)?

Lastly can I bring filled tanks over the border, or should I wait and get them filled at a shop in or near the city?

I don't know if I can help a lot but I am from Quebec City but haven't dove there yet.
Quebec has the St-Lawrence river right in front of Quebec City. I am sure there is many areas you can dive(I swam in there when I was a kid). There is also many lakes in the vincinity. Water is very cold and I would recommend a Dry suit or a 7 mm wet suit with hood and gloves. Quebec has a new law in regards to diving and requires divers to get a provincial diving card. the document is on the Quebec web site somewhere. I can find the web if you want to. Basically, the dive shop can issue you an "equivalent" provincial card to what you are certified. The new law is designed to ensure that divers are current and have the skill for cold water(basically what all agencies should be doing). The document is interresting to read.

You will not have any problem accessing dive site. Suggest you call a Quebec city dive shop. They will most likely speak english.

Cheers

Andre

Oh well looks like I won't be heading up after all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom