Recommendations Please: North Shore of Kauai ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-=>Larry<=-

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Folks,

Summer is closing, my ITC is over, and I'm now, rather belatedly, looking at my vacation - - - I'll be on the North Shore of Kauai next week & would love to have an comments or recomendations you may have for operators there.

Hey Larry, coming to the Islands again???

justleesa:
Hey Larry, coming to the Islands again???

As much as my pocketbook [or when I'm lucky, expense account] can stand!
BUT
This will be my more normal interaction with Oahu - a 2 hour layover each direction in the Airport!

BTW - Your Green turtle pic from my dive is now the background for my work PC - while the Nudibranch from your gallery colors up my home machine. Great Memories!

dsafanda:

If you check - I was the 2nd or 3rd person on this thread. I used Mana Divers & thought they were great - BUT - This time I'm staying on the totally opposet side of the island, so it looks a bit barer in operators. From my checking - Dive Kauai is located well & looks good - as much as you can tell form a web page. I have vague memories of one other, but will have to go googoling again to find it.
Bubbles Below is tempting, just as they got REALLY polar responses - but my memory says they originate out of Poipu - and that would be like an hours drive to get there. [Ask Lisa though, my memory is REALLY bad]

Hi Larry,
you want to try Sacred Seas Scuba - this is a small operation that offer shore diving - I have had some friends that were diving with them a few months ago and they had a great time. Below are their contact details I hope this helps!
Fintan.

Sacred Seas Scuba
Reservations:
Toll Free 1-877-441-DIVE (3483) or (808) 635.7317
E-Mail: sacredseas@hotmail.com

-=>Larry<=-:
If you check - I was the 2nd or 3rd person on this thread. I used Mana Divers & thought they were great - BUT - This time I'm staying on the totally opposet side of the island

I gotcha. Just trying to be helpful. I'm interested in this thread as well because I'm going to be on the north shore of Kauai in mid September. I had just assumed that it wouldn't be that big of a deal to drive to an operator on the south side of the island. Perhaps I'm mistaken though. My wife is a bit prone to sea sickness. Is it a nasty, windy hour long drive from the one side to another? Perhaps that's something she doesn't really need to do after a boat trip.

dsafanda:
I gotcha. Just trying to be helpful. I'm interested in this thread as well because I'm going to be on the north shore of Kauai in mid September. I had just assumed that it wouldn't be that big of a deal to drive to an operator on the south side of the island. Perhaps I'm mistaken though. My wife is a bit prone to sea sickness. Is it a nasty, windy hour long drive from the one side to another? Perhaps that's something she doesn't really need to do after a boat trip.

Sacred Seas Scuba looks like they'd be perfect for us. Thanks for that info!

dsafanda:
Sacred Seas Scuba looks like they'd be perfect for us. Thanks for that info!

The other operator I found is North Shore Divers - - which also seems to be a small operation.

Looks like I'll have a little additional information for the board when I return! Right now, my plan is starting to look like 2-3 shore dives with one or both of these guys - and the trip around the island to add one of the boat dives. I'm really tempted to do Niihau - but with 3 of us that gets tough on the dive budget.

Back
Top Bottom