superfine, fine or normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justinbaker

Registered
Reaction score
just a quick question,

my camera allows me to take pictures with the compressions in the title. i am just wondering how much of a difference will i notice between the 3. I have a 128 mb cf and with super fine i can only take like 60 or so pics, but with the normal it is like 100 or so. So what should i use? thanks

FWIW I always say use the very best quality you can - you never know when that shot of a lifetime comes by. And the better the quality you start with, the more you can work with it later or blow it up or whatever you want to do to it.

If you have the $$ buy a 256 or larger card...I think I get like 160+ on it in the best quality on the Canon A70

agreed.

Always use superfine, the less compression the better.

I agree with Alcina and LukeRob. I am using a CP885 for underwater shots and a D70 for surface shots. I have used superfine and fine (when I was just starting out) and the difference is palpable. Stick to the highest quality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom