Computer on BBE?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shasta_man

Contributor
Reaction score
What are the accomodations for cameras on the Big Blue Explorer? Is there a computer?

Like to use the digital camera but don't want to lug the laptop too.

Thanks

They have a camera room, its not huge but it will accomodate you. They have computers on board, but you should contact BBE to find out if they'll offload pictures from your camera onto CD recordables or DVD recordables (I don't know if Simon is still the photo guy, but he created DVDs of the video footage he took to give to everyone on the boat - they definitely have the capability to offload photos and burn CDs). I wound up bringing my own laptop, which was nice because I could offload photos, look at them, edit them, etc. The cabins aren't great, but they do have enough outlets that you can keep your laptop charged up in your cabin, you can then use your laptop in the rec-room or upstairs in the dining area.

Thanks for the continued help.

TheNitroxinator:
They have a camera room, its not huge but it will accomodate you. They have computers on board, but you should contact BBE to find out if they'll offload pictures from your camera onto CD recordables or DVD recordables (I don't know if Simon is still the photo guy, but he created DVDs of the video footage he took to give to everyone on the boat - they definitely have the capability to offload photos and burn CDs). I wound up bringing my own laptop, which was nice because I could offload photos, look at them, edit them, etc. The cabins aren't great, but they do have enough outlets that you can keep your laptop charged up in your cabin, you can then use your laptop in the rec-room or upstairs in the dining area.

Shasta,

When are you going on the BBE? I have signed up with my father to go at the end of month. We will have digital cameras, laptops, etc... If all you need is to transfer to a CD, we might be able to help. I don't believe that we will bring a DVD burner.

Many thanks for the offer.

I'm not going until the middle of February. I just didn't want to lug another piece of equipment and more thousands of dollars with me just to pull off the photos.

Burning to CD is all I need. I'm trying to find out if the boat can do it for us.

Enjoy your trip and let us know how it went.

auforever93:
Shasta,

When are you going on the BBE? I have signed up with my father to go at the end of month. We will have digital cameras, laptops, etc... If all you need is to transfer to a CD, we might be able to help. I don't believe that we will bring a DVD burner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom