Great trip to Deep Blue Dive Resort in Utila - whale shark and fantastic diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dkd

Registered
Reaction score
We had a fantastic trip to Utila in July! We swam with dolphins and a whale shark and dove on gorgeous walls. Deep Blue Dive Resort is a great dive resort where the quality of diving is the focus of their business. It is small and intimate with owners living on site -- a great place to stay. For a complete trip report and slide show, see:

http://ece.clemson.edu/crb/dawson/scubareports/scubareports.htm

(warning -- the slide show is a big file and lasts about 10 minutes)

How many people did they put on thier boat and what size was the boat? Was there in May and went with a cattle boat operator, my mistake! Like the island and will go back sometime but need a new dive op.

The week we were there, there were 6 divers (including us) staying at the lodge, so it was just us and the divemasters on board all week -- it was great! I know they have other boats that run out of their dive shop in town but I don't know anything about them. Our boat was about 40' long -- partly covered and partly open. The only negative is that it is not a very fast boat and it's a long ride to the northern sites.
Steve & Jasmine are very customer-oriented and I can't imagine they'd every let the boats become over-crowded and operate "cattle-boat" style.
We highly recommend Deep Blue -- we plan on returning to Utila sometime as well and will definitely stay with them again.

Thanks may give them a shot the next time.

Back
Top Bottom