Snorkel recommendation needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianM

Contributor
Reaction score
I need a good snorkel for Ab diving!!!

Anyone have any suggestions on a good snorkel? I was using my scuba snorkel, which is a dry snorkel. I think it was a Mojave model ( dont remember the manufacturer) and I had a heck of a time with the dry valve flapper thing shutting when I tried to take a fast & deep breath...which really isn't such a good thing when you are out of breath! So I bought a new "Omersub" black all silicon snorkel and it worked great last week but the clip that attaches it to the mask doesn't work very well...since I no longer have the snorkel after one day of diving!!! lol

I am thinking of getting another omersub and buying one of those neoprene holders that looks like a miniature mideival eye-mask.

Anyone know of a better brand? I prefer non-purge

Thanks

Brian

Brian, if I ever lose my Farallon freediving snorkel (not made any more) I would get either the Omer Zoom or Picasso Air snorkels. Big bore and simple.

Actually, I'd get one after holding a service for the loss of my snorkel. It even has moldable bite tabs...

All I've ever used is the little rubber (or silicone) keeper that looks like two circles. Never had a problem.

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom