Did you know?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
That an eel can yawn? Found these two all wrapped up in themselves when the larger one turned its head, streched and yawned...was quite interesting.

20910Yawn.jpg

20910Yawn_1.jpg

20910Yawn_2.jpg

Can't tell you the time. Every time I take the batteries out it goes back to 0 and I don't bother to reset it....such a hassle. But I do have the settings: ISO 64, 1/125 and f5.6

I think you have gotten some excellent eel action lately! I saw one the other day open his mouth that wide, but didn't get any shots of it...and I haven't seen it happen again. It'll be interesting to see if you see it again soon...

Thanks for the settings...not sure, but I think that the time is in the EXIF data for all of your images. I know I use mine a lot to find something from a particular dive :wink:

alcina:
I think you have gotten some excellent eel action lately! I saw one the other day open his mouth that wide, but didn't get any shots of it...and I haven't seen it happen again. It'll be interesting to see if you see it again soon...

Thanks for the settings...not sure, but I think that the time is in the EXIF data for all of your images. I know I use mine a lot to find something from a particular dive :wink:
When I look into the properties it says 01-01-2002 and 12PM :icorolley

oic!! now i see what you mean - you change your batteries and the whole system goes kafluey!!

I got jacked of that and now have a crummy set of batteries that live in the camera while the good ones recharge. Don't have to reset that stupid clock all the time :)

I really like this series the more I look at it...I am jealous...must get out and dive...had to can my dives today and pass my diver to another instructor, which is fine, coz of so much office work, which is not fine :(

Tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow...

Ahhhhh, so if I switch batteries- while I wait for the others to charge - my date would stay set???

Yes, you can take them out and change over...it's leaving them out that causes things to reset. I have no idea how long you can leave them out without putting in others...somehow 1 hour sits in my mind, but that doesn't mean much.

I'd go nuts trying to find stuff from a particular dive if I didn't have the date/time thingy.

One word of warning which is a definite flaw in Olympus, IMO. If you change cards during the day, the wonderful camera starts over in numbering. So you will have two P80404001s etc...the data encoded will have the correct time so you CAN tell them apart, but you can't save them into the same file or they will overwrite. So now when I download from the camera and I have used two cards, I have 050804one and 050804two folders that I copy images to...then I can rename and dump the second folder.

justleesa:
That an eel can yawn? Found these two all wrapped up in themselves when the larger one turned its head, streched and yawned...was quite interesting.

I have a problem in situations like this - I also yawn, which can be quite unpleasent underwater :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom