Saturday's (August 7) Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
bilboard.jpg

VIEW PHOTOS
(Mouseover camera icon for photo info)

alcina:
Love the detail in the whip coral and goby!

The jelly is very cool - do you get a lot of these?

I don't see a lot of the jellyfish. This one happened to be about 20 feet from my kayak when I entered the water. It was approx. 10 feet down.

Gilligan, how's the viz been there lately? We've had a wierd algae bloom or coral spawn in Kona the last week and a half. The water's been calm but the viz has been off and on low as 30-50 feet in areas that normally are 80'-100' and up in all but the worst surf. Had any of that over there? It's the first time I've seen it here in the five and a half years I've been here.

later,

Steve

I like the Jelly, they are harder to photograph than it looks.

friscuba:
Gilligan, how's the viz been there lately? We've had a wierd algae bloom or coral spawn in Kona the last week and a half. The water's been calm but the viz has been off and on low as 30-50 feet in areas that normally are 80'-100' and up in all but the worst surf. Had any of that over there? It's the first time I've seen it here in the five and a half years I've been here.

later,

Steve

The vis has been excellent and the ocean has been calm all last week. No signs of an algae bloom or coral spawn.

Very nice, Jim, as always! Gotta be proud of that jelly shot. I have my "Gilligan fix" now so the rest of the day will be great. :)

Back
Top Bottom