Almost skunked but a good day afterall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPLOU

Contributor
Reaction score
Boynton Beach/ former Long Island, NY (THE ISLAND)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Went to a wreck of Long Island today. On the first dive saw several bugs but unable to get any. Two looked to be quite large. On the second dive, made a bee line to one that was under a plate and I thought a quick surprise would gain me success. Wrong. Well I then proceeded to look for others no sucess but ended up by the first one I saw on the first dive. He was in a little deep, but I managed to coax him out to a point I was able to grab the tail. It then took two hands to hold it and get into my bag.

Very big bug!! Nice haul!

Went out of Jupiter today and didn't get completely skunked but the bugs are way deep.

Congrats!!

Excellent on both counts! We got weathered out here.. 4-5' seas and 5-10 onshore winds combined with Gulf of Mexico shallowness were making for a very miserable ride out. After we returned to the boat ramp, another boat that was headed out the same time as us had also made the same decision. Oh well.. there will be another day, eh? At least ya'll were able to get out and snag some crustacian infestation :D

CBulla:
Excellent on both counts! We got weathered out here.. 4-5' seas and 5-10 onshore winds combined with Gulf of Mexico shallowness were making for a very miserable ride out. After we returned to the boat ramp, another boat that was headed out the same time as us had also made the same decision. Oh well.. there will be another day, eh? At least ya'll were able to get out and snag some crustacian infestation :D

Rumor has it that it was you Colin who caused the bad weather!

Nice lobster Lou.

Joe

Congrats.
Would have been nice if we could have joined in the festivities.

Alas, I've been figured out.. I'm am he of weather influent. I bring tornados to camping events, I attract storms to beach dives, and I summon furious waves during boat dives. :D

Sooner or later it'll be nice and clear and we'll get those fish and evasive lobster. :D

CBulla:
Alas, I've been figured out.. I'm am he of weather influent. I bring tornados to camping events, I attract storms to beach dives, and I summon furious waves during boat dives. :D

Sooner or later it'll be nice and clear and we'll get those fish and evasive lobster. :D

Do you have a PayPal account?

Might be necessary for some of those middle grounds trips when we need some glass flat seas. I'd pay for that!!

I definitely have a paypal account!! :)

Oneof these days the middle grounds will be on the scope for a visit. If we can get some numbers for possible locations to scout, it would make it a little easier to guage gas, trip time and feasability with Brians boat or if we have to get something more.

Dunno why, but it seems like when I was younger there were a LOT of those beautiful smooooth as glass mornings on the Gulf. I can't remember to many times when it was rough, and definitely not like what it was Sunday morning.

NICE BUG! You guys back east are a brave bunch, I'll just stick to my clawless spiny lobsters over here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom