? on using pro ear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NDH

Reaction score
I would like for anyone that would have knownledge on a pro ear mask to help.
!. Does the water stay out of your ears?
2. Does it really work?

I have a friend that has gotten out of diving because of his ears and I'm tring to get him back in because of his love for it.
He has told me he can equalize the first day of diving but has problems the second day.

3. Will this mask help?

A friend of mine uses one. She has tubes in her ears and the pro ear mask helps a lot. She swears by it....

We've had a ton of people buy these from us, and have gotten a bunch of emails saying it saved their diving. Because of some ear problem - they had to quit - and now with the Pro Ear Mask they are able to dive again.

I've tried it in the pool, (I don't have any ear problems - just wanted to check it out) - and noticed you can hear sounds better underwater. Kinda neat. And it did keep my ears dry.

I purchased one from Scubatoys and also the hood. I've found that you must take the time to place the mask on and adjust the ear pieces. After the first two dives, and having no mushy/squeaky ear, I was sold. I used my old mask the other day to really see if I could tell the difference and it was amazing how much I missed having the earpro on. I am also a hard to fit mask type and the full view mask fits me very well with only an occasional need to clear. I'm taking my dght. to the Bahamas the end of the month and we'll see what kind of looks I get on the boat with Earpro, wings, and 7' reg hose with bungeed octo.

Hope this helps
chuckrt

Thanks everyone. I have decided to purchase a set and invite him for a dive. If he doesn't like them I'll keep them for myself.

I just looked at the picture on the Scubatoys site.
It was my first look at this type mask.
The question: regarding corrugated hoses(?) connecting the mask to the earcup:do they allow air from the mask to get into the earcup, making the earcups/mask a single unit regarding pressure, and in so doing, keep the cup from being squashed by the pressure? If not, how is the pressure issue delt with?
Thanks,
Mike

miked:
I just looked at the picture on the Scubatoys site.
It was my first look at this type mask.
The question: regarding corrugated hoses(?) connecting the mask to the earcup:do they allow air from the mask to get into the earcup, making the earcups/mask a single unit regarding pressure, and in so doing, keep the cup from being squashed by the pressure? If not, how is the pressure issue delt with?
Thanks,
Mike

Yes, the tubes have one way valves - so when you equalize the mask, you are also sending air to the ear cups. Also, if an ear piece floods, you hold the mask against your face and exhale through your nose and it will force air into the ear cups and clear them by running the water out the bottom. It will make an annoying "squeeky" noise as you do this... but only while forcing air through the one way valves.

Ok, I received the pro ears and now have a ? regarding the fit.

When I put the mask over my face and breath in it stays tight, but when I breath a little out of my nose it seems to loosen. Will that cause the mask too leak?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom