Recommendations for Big Island?? 8/25 - 9/8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jackdav

Reaction score
Our first visit to Hawaii. My wife and I are hoping to take a skills refresher and do some diving while we're there. I have slept several times since my last dive and would feel better with a skills update. I plan on taking everything except my wet suit. We hope to be spending time all over the island (Landing in Kona, staying in Hilo and Puna). Would love to get recommendations on where to take classes, where to dive, any shore dives, anything else, etc. etc.

Cheers to All,

Jack in Phoenix

Aloha! If you would like to do a refresher, I can hook you up. Im doing my DM and need "students" My instructor is great but only works weekends. I can ask what he charges. If that works for ya, Id love to meet y'all and show you my favorite spots. If that dosen't work, Id still like to meet ya and show you my favorite spots.
PS, the lave is still flowing into the water, gotta see that.
PPS, if you have a 3 mil suit, might want to bring it.

Hey Wildcard!
My wife says "Yippie!"
I'm not sure whether your post is suggesting that you or your instructor does the refresher, but I am pretty sure we're up for it.... possibly Sat 8/28 .... How much does he charge? I am not real clear on how long it takes to get from one place to another on Hawaii but we'd love to meet ya and see your favorite spots. Are these shore dives or will we need a boat?
Cheers,
Jack in Phoenix

My instructor charges. Id do it for free ( well, Im paying him to teach me) He does the class with me redoing everything he does. He shows me, I show you. Couple of tanks, laid back but covers all the bases. Great guy to learn from. I have learned tons! He does mostly shore dives but we can take my Zodiac too....Your flying into Kona but staying in Hilo? Takes about two hours from one to the other. I live half way inbetween...... PM me and I will set whatever you need up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom