August Wrinkles Dive II (Return to Crescent Bay)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrinkles

Contributor
Reaction score
So far away from the water that it is SAD!!!
I had so much fun diving this past weekend that I can’t wait till next month to go again….

I was thinking about going on Sunday August 22nd.

Instead of the usual drive over to a place to eat which involves traffic and finding a parking spot I was thinking maybe we can bring some snacks and eat at the beach…..we will already have the best parking spots and wont have to deal with trying to meet up somewhere.

So what do you guys think? Maybe we can actually make it out to Deadmans.. :wink:

Ana

I didn't get to go yesterday - but all the messages sound like it is an awesome dive! I will try to make it - and if I can't for some reason - I will let you know. I am new to this board...but apparently your dives are famous or something! I have to find out for myself how your last post got more than 70 messages!!!

I've been mad at myself for not going yesterday, so making a repeat on the 22nd sounds perfect! Except, that's the day my new refrigerator gets delivered, so depending on the 2-hour delivery time frame which I won't know until the night before, i may have to be home to greet the new fridge instead. But, if I can be there, I will (or maybe I'll talk my parents into welcoming the fridge to its new home, so I can dive and then come home to have all the work done already. It doesn't make me sad that getting a new appliance is such an exciting event, does it?).

saf_25:
I've been mad at myself for not going yesterday, so making a repeat on the 22nd sounds perfect! Except, that's the day my new refrigerator gets delivered, so depending on the 2-hour delivery time frame which I won't know until the night before, i may have to be home to greet the new fridge instead. But, if I can be there, I will (or maybe I'll talk my parents into welcoming the fridge to its new home, so I can dive and then come home to have all the work done already. It doesn't make me sad that getting a new appliance is such an exciting event, does it?).

Definitely get the parents to fridge-sit, Stacy! We had so much fun and want you to join us!

I will be there, Ana! Those long surface swims and stairs to the beach are doing wonders for my calves :biggrin:!!

Just a teaser for those of you who are considering coming, courtesy of AndrewJD...

ryanarcher:
I didn't get to go yesterday - but all the messages sound like it is an awesome dive! I will try to make it - and if I can't for some reason - I will let you know. I am new to this board...but apparently your dives are famous or something! I have to find out for myself how your last post got more than 70 messages!!!

We did have a great time that’s why I am hoping we can do it again.....

I think the reason why the thread got so many hits was because i looked at it about 1000 times checking to see if anyone was coming LOL

Seriously I love being able to dive with people I have met from this board. I have learned so much from everyone. They have pretty much taught me the art of beach diving and I am still learning new things every time I dive. Now if I could only learn how to work my straps for my tank everyone wouldn't have to wait forever to get into the water and if I had any navigation skills what so ever maybe we wouldn’t have seen so much sand on our first dive…hehe

You better get a fridge sitter missy....I would love for you to make it out and dive with us

Ana

"First tank we swam out and dropped down heading for Deadmans Reef. At least that was the objective. We missed it and found ourselves in 64 FSW with no reef just lots of sand we had swam over."

Don't know if I want to dive with you guys............... Can't even work the compass???:bash:

Seeing as how the monthly Wrinkles Dive seems to have become our defacto SoCal Club dive, I will make these sticky so everyone has a chance to participate in a most memorable experience.

Don't know if I want to dive with you guys............... Can't even work the compass???:bash:[/QUOTE]

Got to be careful ShakaZulu - I remember a dive once where you couldn't find the canyon! And at least they had 2 tanks to try again :eyebrow:

Got to be careful ShakaZulu - I remember a dive once where you couldn't find the canyon! And at least they had 2 tanks to try again :eyebrow:

Hey, keep that quiet, we followed the dive plan, just didn't know the terrain. Head out west from the Marine room, and there nothing but sand.

http://www.divebums.com/main.html look for dive sites, and then maps of La Jolla Shores.

ShakaZulu:
Head out west from the Marine room, and there nothing but sand.

Actually, I think the wonderfully clear instructions mentioned going out on a heading of 300 degrees, which is generally west, but a little north. Due west will in fact take you over a vast quantity of sand. :eyebrow:

John-Boy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom