diving 8/12 or 8/13 - show an outsider around?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IAmJimbo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi...

I'm a Portland, OR diver coming to town tonight. My dive buddy and I are planning to get some diving in this week while we are in the area. It would be great if anyone else wanted to join us for a some diving and maybe show us around underwater a bit.

We are both moderately experienced divers and as ex-LongBeach residents are fairly familiar with the Orange County coastline. We've both snorkeled Shaw's Cove a bit and I have dove it once. I've also been doing some reading up on Laguna area dive sites (not that I'm limited to that area, but it seems to be the considered the best mainland, shore diving around.) All this just to say we're not really dependent on a guide, but better diving is often found with a local and I'm always happy to meet other divers when I'm away from home...

I am a moderately experienced diver with about 50 dives logged in a variety of conditions. My buddy just finished his Dive Master (PADI) and has many more dives than I logged.

My idea so far is to make Thursday our dive day and do a few Laguna dive spots, but this is pretty flexible right now as we have Thursday and/or Friday available. Just have to work the schedule around a 2 year old boy and a pregnant wife :)

Jim

I'll be watching the dive board until about 7pm tonight (Tues.) and I'll try to check it again tomorrow evening when I'm in town.

I'd love to go diving on Friday - I have the day off. We could get in a morning dive down in Laguna. Send me a message if you want.

- David

IAmJimbo:
Hi...

I'm a Portland, OR diver coming to town tonight. My dive buddy and I are planning to get some diving in this week while we are in the area. It would be great if anyone else wanted to join us for a some diving and maybe show us around underwater a bit.

We are both moderately experienced divers and as ex-LongBeach residents are fairly familiar with the Orange County coastline. We've both snorkeled Shaw's Cove a bit and I have dove it once. I've also been doing some reading up on Laguna area dive sites (not that I'm limited to that area, but it seems to be the considered the best mainland, shore diving around.) All this just to say we're not really dependent on a guide, but better diving is often found with a local and I'm always happy to meet other divers when I'm away from home...

I am a moderately experienced diver with about 50 dives logged in a variety of conditions. My buddy just finished his Dive Master (PADI) and has many more dives than I logged.

My idea so far is to make Thursday our dive day and do a few Laguna dive spots, but this is pretty flexible right now as we have Thursday and/or Friday available. Just have to work the schedule around a 2 year old boy and a pregnant wife :)

Jim

I'll be watching the dive board until about 7pm tonight (Tues.) and I'll try to check it again tomorrow evening when I'm in town.

The old Marine land site (long Point) is good as is Malaga Cove. Malibu, Palos Verde or Laguna, all are good.
Thursday is booked with the wife, but anytime friday could work.

I spotted a Mola Mola (ocean sunfish) Sunday at Deadmans Reef (Crescent Bay next door to shaws cove).
562-421-3094

I'm diving tomorrow (Thursday) for sure. I'll check with my buddy in the morning to see if he wants to dive Friday also. I'll post again after I talk to him...

JimD

Dove Shaw's Cove this morning for a lovely dive. 3 Octopus and a Morey. We'll be diving again tomorrow (Friday). If anyone would like to join us, we'll be at Laguna Sea Sports renting tanks when they open at 10am. Actual dive site is open to influence, but I'm thinking Divers Cove probably. I'm a very short haired blonde guy with a red goatee, easy enough to spot, just introduce yourself, eh?

JimD

2 days, 2 very nice dives at Shaws Cove. Too bad I couldn't hook up with anyone, but I'm back home and back to cold water diving once again.

I gotta dive Laguna much more often, love the helpful lifeguards... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom