port st lucie, florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in the process of tracking down the info that says No Spearfishing in the preserve

:hmmm:

Responding to a 2004 post ??

Even OP has never been back :D

After some internet research (including this REALLY old thread) Ive located spearfishing regulations for St. Lucie Inlet State Park, known as Pecks Lake.
Since this is the underwater hunting section, I assue they apply.
I had an argument with a diver from Miami who had never heard of the rules, had "been spearfishing there for years" and challenged me to find them in writing -here ya go

For the record, its REALLY hard to track down a statute number. After a few phone calls I was able to have someone from the Department of Environmental Protection walk me through the admin code.
Here are the rules according the Florida Administrative Code:

62D-2.014 #9(d) "Spearfishing is prohibited in all state parks"

Also, it was explained to me that the collection of tropicals is also outlawed according to:
62D-2.013 (7) "Collection of Specimens. A permit must be obtained for the collection of natural objects, including plant and animal life and minerals...."

Collecting lobsters are an example of a 'permit' issues by the DEP.

Hope this clears up some confusion regarding spearfishing in Pecks.

Attachments

• Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 30
  • SLI preserve state park.jpg
    SLI preserve state park.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 79
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom