This months meal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
2 tsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. dry sherry
2 tsp. cornstarch
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
½ tsp. pepper
1 ½ lbs. medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 (1 inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ lb. snow peas, steamed
1 (8oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained

In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, 1 tbsp. oil, pepper and 1 tbsp. water. Stir to blend well. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
In a WOK or large skillet, heat remaining 2-tbsp. oil over high heat. Add ginger and garlic and cook, stirring once, for 30 seconds. Add shrimp with marinade and stir-fry until pink and curled, about 2 minutes. Use slotted spoon to transfer shrimp to a plate. Set aside. Add snow peas, water chestnuts and 2-tbsp. water to WOK. Stir-fry over medium-high heat until snow peas are bright green and slightly tender, cook about 1-½ minutes. Return shrimp to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.

Sounds superb!
We'll try it and report!
Thanks,
Rick

MMMMM....my shrimp guy came by the house today and I have plenty of fresh, plump Gulf crustaceans to use with this one!

I second Fishkiller nomination to Official NDI Chef! :thumb:

Fish,

Sounds good dude. Do you create your own recipies or modify exsisting ones (or both).

I have a grilled fish that my wife loves and she doesn't normally like fish.

Tom

This is a variation on Creme Caramel (and really despite the lengthy explanation, it's easy to make.

Quesillo de Pina -- Pineapple Custard
Caramel:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water

Custard:
3 whole eggs plus 2 egg yolks
15 ounce condensed milk
1 1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup sugar

In a small saucepan bring the sugar and water to a boil over high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Boil the syrup until the syrup turns a rich, golden brown. As soon as the syrup reaches the right colour, remove the pan from the heat and carefully pour the syrup all at once into a mold. Tip and swirl the mold to coat the bottom and sides as evenly as possible. When the syrup stops moving, turn the mold upside down to drain and cool for a minute or so.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and yolks with a whisk until they thicken and turn light yellow. Gradually pour in the condensed milk, pineapple juice and sugar, and beat until all the ingredients are well combined. Strain through a fine sieve into the caramel-lined mold.
Place the mold in a large pan on the middle shelf of the oven. Pour enough boiling water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the mold. bake the custard for about 1 hour, or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
Remove the mold from the water, let cool to room temperature, the refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
To unmold, run a sharp knife around the sides and dip the bottom of the mold briefly in hot water. Wipe the outside of the mold dry, place a serving plate upside down over the mold and flip.
Serves 6-8

FK - Sounds delish! Sounds like something my mom likes to make.

Do you have a name for this month's dish?

Originally posted by Tom Vyles
Fish,

Sounds good dude. Do you create your own recipies or modify exsisting ones (or both).

I have a grilled fish that my wife loves and she doesn't normally like fish.

Tom

I live to eat and eat to live...The recipes are actually both I see them and say hey that would taste good. or try the recipe and make changes then pass them along

now after all that being said, my wetsuit is a little snug...maybe I should get a drysuit....

Back
Top Bottom