L&M Stingray or Stingray II - User Opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeaceDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just purchased a Light and Motion Stingray II full setup for my new TRV-950 and I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with either the new Stingray II or the original model and would care to give me some user reviews and opinions. They seem to be very, very hard to come by online, which surprises me.

Dr. Bill, care to lead the charge?

PeaceDog:
I just purchased a Light and Motion Stingray II full setup for my new TRV-950 and I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with either the new Stingray II or the original model and would care to give me some user reviews and opinions. They seem to be very, very hard to come by online, which surprises me.

Dr. Bill, care to lead the charge?

You've already purchased the housing. Don't look back. Light and Motion has a very loyal following.

ronrosa:
You've already purchased the housing. Don't look back. Light and Motion has a very loyal following.

Fair enough, Ron. I've seen some of your video on other boards and been very impressed. Quite honestly, I'm thinking back to that portion you posted with regard to your experimentation with manual white balance and I'm hoping some L&M/Sony users can give me some tips to point me in that direction.

PeaceDog:
Fair enough, Ron. I've seen some of your video on other boards and been very impressed. Quite honestly, I'm thinking back to that portion you posted with regard to your experimentation with manual white balance and I'm hoping some L&M/Sony users can give me some tips to point me in that direction.

Thanks for the kind words on my videos. It's always nice to hear positive feedback.

I wasn't aware the Stingray housing had access to manual white balance.

You can still get good footage with auto white balance, especially if you are shooting shallower than 70 feet. As a matter of fact, Aruba is my only video shot using manual white balance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom