Roatan, Honduras – CoCo View Resort, May 14-21, 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Come join Beast and I on our annual trip to CCV. If you want a trip that focuses on diving, this is the place. Two vertical walls, a shipwreck, reefs and grass flats make up the Front Yard of CCV and you haven’t even set foot on a boat yet. We enjoy this even more when we can include our friends. If you aren’t a friend now, you will be!

Here are some basic details:

Date: May 14-21, 2005, Sat. to Sat. Two weeks are available, extended to May 28.
Price: $1507 per person. Price includes all fees and taxes, non-stop round trip airfare from Houston to Roatan. If you need to fly into Houston, you’ll be responsible for your own flights and the additional cost. We're using Continental this year because of the more friendly dive schedule. Earlier arrival, later departure. First-timers can complete the orientation and dive the afternoon we arrive.
Deposit: $160 per person deposit is required. It is non-refundable unless I can fill your spot. All balances are due Feb. 1st.
Accommodations: We have two Cabanas and one Oceanfronts (A/C) left.

Cabana (12 rooms) Over-water quadruplex with private porch, 1 Twin and 1 Double bed
Oceanfront (9 rooms): Ocean front rooms with air conditioning and private porch or balcony. 6 rooms with 1 Twin and 1 Double, 3 rooms 1 King.

This is an all-inclusive resort. All food and lodging is included. Since I’ve included all fees and taxes in the price, the only expenses you’ll have is a $30 departure and security tax, $2 per day chamber tax is optional, any tabs (dive shop, gift shop, bar, extra activities, etc). We usually take $500, just in case, and bring most of it home.

The price also includes unlimited air, unlimited shore diving available 24/7. There are two 2-tank (4 dives) boat dives a day. Nitrox is available for $6 per tank or you can buy the unlimited package for $100. (break even point is 16 dives)

The Diving:
I think the diving is some of the best I’ve ever had. I love the walls and low to no currents. If you are a photographer, you'll be in Heaven! The viz can vary from 80-100+ ft. Of all the dive sites, and there are lots of great ones, I love the photography in the Front Yard. It’s inside a protected natural channel between two 100+ foot barrier reef walls. I’ve seen everything from huge Manta Rays, to tiny Blennies, large Green Morays to tiny Juv. Drums, Large Basket Stars to small Hermit Crabs, all within walking distance from our bungalow. And the Prince Albert ship wreck is home to so many critters, too many to name. Calvin's Crack, Menagorea, Doc's Place, too many great sites to mention. This will be my 7th trip and I always find things and places I've never seen.

As I mentioned, shore diving is unlimited, you can go anytime you feel like it. CCV treats you as a resonsible adult, and expects you to act like one, so you have alot of freedom to dive as you like. If you want to dive at 2am, just grab a tank, the safety strobe, and go. As long as you follow the set of CCV safety rules, you'll have no problems. In the past, we've done as many as 30-35 dives in the 5 day dive span. Or if you like only a couple of dives a day and spend the rest swinging in a hammock, drinking Monkey LaLa's...you'll get no pressure.

CCV is not a fancy resort. If you need a nightlife other than what you can make yourself, CCV may not be for you. There are off island excursions planned almost every day if you want to do more than diving. I plan to try the Canopy Tour through the jungle tops this next trip. But if you want a place that was built FOR divers BY divers, where diving is the major activity, then CCV just may become your home away from home, too.

Instead of repeating a lot of what has been reported, I’ll add links to some of the many reports of CCV trips. They are much better than any I’ve ever written! Also be sure to check out my CCV photo albums in my signature.

http://scubaboard.com/t57230.html

http://scubaboard.com/t66281.html

Will we see Orcas next May?
http://scubaboard.com/t62144.html

If you have any questions, please PM me. I know I have probably left out something! At this time we have 5 double occ. spaces left.

Sandy and I are soo on this trip, I mean like ohhhh mmmyyyy goooodddddd, like we are gonna dive with like Dee and Beast, and I bet some like fish are gonna be like there like in the water...

DUDE, it's gonna be off the chain, hook, chart...I'm talking mad diving..whale sharks, orcas, maybe even parrot fish. Like, this is gonna be like soo cool.

Ever since joining Scubaboard my dream has been to dive with Dee....we are totally going to be comparing photos after the dives and during the dives....totally dude!!

What are you waiting for? Get on this trip..fun in the water, fun out of the water..mostly diving though...I'm talking 2am dives, 4am dives, 5:34am dives...AWESOME!!

I'm gonna stay under and have people bring me down tanks to swap, im not getting out....whats the countdown too now....260 something days...its right around the corner. :dot:

Uh, Dude...like totally chill out, will ya? You're gonna bust something. At this rate you won't last 275 days. And you're scaring the others who may be interested in joining us! :wink:

Glad to have you and Sandy along. Such youthfull enthusiasm is always fun to watch.

Oops..my bad.

Dee says Roatan good place to dive. Jason want good place to dive. Jason go on trip. Jason wait long time now not scare aware others.

Dee mistaken, Jason youthful...Sandy not.

:sofa:

jepuskar:
Oops..my bad.

Dee says Roatan good place to dive. Jason want good place to dive. Jason go on trip. Jason wait long time now not scare aware others.

Dee mistaken, Jason youthful...Sandy not.

:sofa:

Jason better know he sleep sometime and Sandy has good memory..... :15a:

We jumped on the boat to CCV with Dee in May. We were there last July and are so excited to be going back so soon.

I think she only has a few spaces left better jump on this deal quick. Only 250 days :dazzler1:

parrotheaddiver:
We jumped on the boat to CCV with Dee in May. We were there last July and are so excited to be going back so soon.

I think she only has a few spaces left better jump on this deal quick. Only 250 days :dazzler1:

You could learn to speak fluent Texan.

In example: The plural of "Y'all" (Not a two masted sail boat)

is: "All Y'all"

See Dee for further deffinitions and translations.

Or the more local coloquilism is all a ya'll as in "Are all a ya'll going to CCV with us?" :wink:

This has turned into a Swampers trip...18 of the 20 folks on the trip are Swampers! :thumb:

Parrotheaddiver, I'm thrilled that you and Don are coming on the trip. It will be my first time to the area, having you seasoned pro's will add so much! (Not to mention your wonderful youthful attitude)

kevreid:
Parrotheaddiver, I'm thrilled that you and Don are coming on the trip. It will be my first time to the area, having you seasoned pro's will add so much! (Not to mention your wonderful youthful attitude)

It has been a few years since my name and youthful were used in the same sentence. :D

Looking forward to diving with ya'll again. Maybe we will see you at the Scubaboard bar-b-que in Hou after DEMA.

Ann

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom