housing for a sony cybershot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FFMDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
hello:

Any recommendations on a housing for a sony cyber-shot?
Thanks in advance.

I have been looking into this and Sony provide their own. MPK-THA or something like that. Rated to 40m and works pretty well I believe.

Ed.

You probably want to avoid the bag one as it is only rated to 10m, the sony one works a treat though and you have the option of adding filters, arms and a strobe at a later date if you want to get a bit more serious.

Ed.

I have the Sony DSC-P10. I bought it for land use and decided to pick up the case for water-sport activities. Great camera and housing, I love them both. I recently got back into diving and have used the case down to 60 feet with no problems at all. I've decided to get a little more serious with U/W photography so I ordered the light kit. That's exactly what it is, a light and not a flash. The verbage on some of the websites is a little bit misleading. Also, you will need to buy the battery (Sony part # NP-QM91) to run it as it doesn't come with it. Another $40. And then you have to buy the charger. Another $30. The battery charge is supposed to last 75 minutes of useage. By the way, check out other sources for the accessories. Amazon has a seller (Office Depot) that saved me $100 over the SonyStyle website on the light and arm kit and the battery was about half price. I haven't taken the camera out with the light yet so I can't comment on it yet. Just know it's not a flash.

I am trying to find underwater housings for either or both of the above. I understand that the digital camera is over 4 years old but worth a try. The camcorder would be the perfect underwater item. Can anyone help me?

Spud

Back
Top Bottom